UMSON, Fall 2012...is NO ONE applying?! :) :) - Page 11Register Today!
- Apr 12, '12 by Eramos809I am hoping to hear real soon, I have had nightmares about this! Luckily enough with 3 kids and work I have some distraction but when they're not around I drive myself crazy wondering what my future holds...lol
I would like to know this month just to know, and unfortunately if I don't get in to UMSON then I have to wait til mid June for my back up to notify me...more anxiety to come. This will be my first degree as well, so I am going to hope for the best!!
- Apr 12, '12 by dccubanoIt seems so weird to me that nursing schools notify students so late. Is this only nursing schools, or do all colleges in general notify you this late? When I went to school the first time I heard from all my schools between March and the first week of April.
- It's normally the ADN programs that notify later. At least that's my outlook on it.
- Apr 12, '12 by oldmareEramos809, what are your thoughts on childcare and nursing school? I have a 12-year-old and a 5-year-old and really can't afford a nanny, especially since I won't be working during nursing school. But I have my doubts about making it in time to pick up at aftercare at 6 pm, especially with a 40-60 minute commute. What are you doing?
- Apr 12, '12 by mir1220I applied to Marymount University for their accelerated program a month after I applied to Maryland, and I heard yesterday that I was accepted. Other people who I have spoken to have heard from their nursing programs already. Hopefully we'll hear today that would be really nice.
- Apr 12, '12 by dccubanoQuote from mir1220Congratulations on being accepted to Marymount!I applied to Marymount University for their accelerated program a month after I applied to Maryland, and I heard yesterday that I was accepted. Other people who I have spoken to have heard from their nursing programs already. Hopefully we'll hear today that would be really nice.
- Apr 12, '12 by mir1220Thanks! Good luck to you! I am holding out for MD though....so hopefully we all hear good news from them!
- Congrats mir! I am holding back from calling, the anxiety :|
- Apr 12, '12 by nabarriGosh, all this anxiety. I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one having nightmares and dreams and thoughts of this on a daily basis! I just wish we could hear something! I graduate from AACC in May with my associates, but UMSON would be my first bachelors degree. I applied to Stevenson also, but they were quick to say no because of a mix up with some liberal art courses :/
- /: I'm sorry about that! There was a mix up with me and some english courses at Maryland but a nice lady from the committee emailed me asking when I would take the correct classes. *crossing my fingers*