Salisbury Accelerated BSN Applicants for 2013Register Today!
- by GoVeg Nov 14, '12The deadline is approaching! I noticed there wasn't a thread for this so I thought I'd start one. Is anyone else out there applying to Salisbury for the Accelerated BSN program?
- Nov 18, '12 by cbrubaker05Quote from GoVegYES I am applying, organizing my application materials now...do you live in the area? I am from NJ and want to visit to check out the school/area. I have only asked people about their experiences so far....anyone out there know about the area?The deadline is approaching! I noticed there wasn't a thread for this so I thought I'd start one. Is anyone else out there applying to Salisbury for the Accelerated BSN program?
- Nov 19, '12 by GoVegYay there's on other one out there! lol. I live in DC but just moved out here from California in March so I don't know the area. I drove through there one time to get to Ocean City and it looked like a pretty area though Honestly I'm just looking to get into a decent program so I'm not to concerned about the area. What have you heard from other people about the school? Have you heard anything about the competitiveness of applications or the GPA of admitted students? Are you applying to a lot of other schools? I'm applying to quite a few myself
- Nov 29, '12 by cbrubaker05I'm applying to 3 schools in NJ (UMDNJ, NJCU, TESC), Binghamton U in NY and SU in MD. I haven't heard much, I talked to a few people who went there for undergrad but not the nursing program. I heard they are big on letting their grads into their masters nursing programs. Where else are you applying? How far is SU from DC?
This program follows standard college breaks, right? That is pretty lucky, most other accelerated are 16 months full-time. I would love it if this was 16 months but with normal summers/winters!
- Dec 6, '12 by LotusBeanI also applied for the 2nd degree program. I live about 45 minutes away from Salisbury, so if you have questions about the area, I may be able to answer them. This is the only program I'm applying to. I wish I knew what the acceptance rate is.
- Dec 6, '12 by cbrubaker05Thanks @LotusBean ! You are brave to only apply to one program. Good luck! How is the cost of living in Maryland? Do you have any ballpark idea of the average cost to rent an apt in Salisbury area? Is it dangerous? I heard its a dangerous area, I'm going to drive down and check it out after the holidays probably.
- Dec 19, '12 by LotusBeanNot sure if I'm brave applying to just one program. My husband and I own a house in the area, and there is no possibility of selling it anytime soon. Going to school locally is my only option.
Regarding cost of living, on the Eastern Shore cost of living is pretty low. Of course I'm not sure what location you are comparing it to. A cost of living calculator will be a better help that I can be. I have never spent much time in Salisbury, but have many friends that graduated from the school. I've never heard them say much about crime, however we currently live in a high-crime area. I think people are surprised that rural life can have high crime, but it can. My town has a worse rep than does Salisbury. That being said, I feel perfectly safe where I live. I have no idea what a rental place would cost. In a college town, I'm guessing higher than it needs to be. But that's just a guess.
- Dec 22, '12 by oye757928hey guys! i applied to Salisbury too! i also applied to Johns Hopkins(MD) & Duquesne(PA) too. i'm considering applying to MUSC in SC but i don't want to spend a whole lot on application fees and transcripts. I live in Baltimore MD which is about 2hrs from Salisbury. I've been looking at apartments on easternshore craigslist to get an idea of how much its going to cost to live there. i wish i knew the acceptance rate too wish u guys luck!
- Dec 27, '12 by cbrubaker05thanks @lotusbean for your info =) I checked the status of my application online and it still says incomplete and the undergrad admissions office is missing my transcripts. I sent them directly to the school in the envelope with my other application materials, did anyone else have this problem? I e-mailed the admissions office and have not heard back. I don't want this to jeopardize my app!
- Dec 27, '12 by GoVegQuote from cbrubaker05I had the same question so a few weeks ago I called and they said that the nursing department will be sending the transcripts to the school's admissions department. The accelerated bsn program does apps differently so that is why it looks incomplete online. They told me I was fine but you can call to double checkthanks @lotusbean for your info =) I checked the status of my application online and it still says incomplete and the undergrad admissions office is missing my transcripts. I sent them directly to the school in the envelope with my other application materials, did anyone else have this problem? I e-mailed the admissions office and have not heard back. I don't want this to jeopardize my app!