New Graduate RN in Maryland - page 2
by lovnurs 11,505 Views | 23 Comments
I just passed my Board last week:yeah:. I had applied to several hopitals here in Maryland and Virginia before taking boards( You name it I had applied ). I am actively looking for a new grad position anywhere in Maryland and... Read More
- 0Apr 24, '12 by plf2323Quote from lovnursHave you tried Craigs List, Careerbuilder, Washington Post Jobs? I am an RN returning to work after 12 years. I was having a very difficult time finding a job, even after taking a refresher course. I finally found one on Craigs List. (I live in NOVA).I just passed my Board last week. I had applied to several hopitals here in Maryland and Virginia before taking boards( You name it I had applied ). I am actively looking for a new grad position anywhere in Maryland and Virginia( Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax). I live in Prince George county. Through college I worked in LTC. I am looking for help from people that where in my situation and found work or anyone with suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.
Good Luck. It is tough out there.
- 0Apr 24, '12 by fashionistaRNIt's rough out here. Seriously! At this point it's not what you know, what ratio of the class you graduated in but WHO you know. I'm starting to feel like this area is diluted with RNs. In my graduated class, it was said I was competing for a job with 12,000 other new grads graduating that same year.
- 0May 9, '12 by TUNurseStudentYou still haven't found a job, wow. Have you at least gone on interviews? Im graduating on the 24th so I am really nervous I haven't heard anything back from any hospital besides Washington Hospital Center. I wont take my NCLEX till June but do you have any advice for someone just starting out?
- 0May 10, '12 by KimberlyRN89Have you considered working in corrections? I just got a call from Corizon(who pretty much handles all the healthcare staffing for detention centers & prisons in this area) for an interview. It's not really my ideal place, but it's PRN position & I'm still working on my BSN, so it might work with my schedule. I saw on their website that they are looking for RN's fulltime.
- 0today i drove to howard university hospital and i left intears. i applied to 3 clinical nurse i positions and took the applicationsdirectly to the nursing office and i was told that i have less chances to behire for those and that he would consider me for the nursing internship orresidency program which will start in september! what can i do else at this point ? any ideas? waiting till september is not an option.