Montgomery College Nursing Fall 2012 - Page 13Register Today!
- Nov 3, '12 by EbbiHello all,
I have been admitted for spring entry into the MC nursing program. I have a question about clinicals. Are they offered Monday- Friday and Are they chosen for you or can you choose the day you want? Hope you all are having a great semester so far.
- Nov 3, '12 by redmonds12Clinicals are offered monday through Friday. They are chosen via a lottery system on your registration day. Students pick numbers and get to choose their clinical based on the number.
- Nov 3, '12 by EbbiThank you! May I ask how you like the program so far?
- Nov 8, '12 by rdmartinHow does that work? If I have a certain schedule outside of school how will I be able to choose a clincal that I can do and go to work? Doesnt seem easy to work and go to school.Last edit by rdmartin on Nov 8, '12
- Nov 8, '12 by redmonds12Youll have to hope you get a good number for the registration lotto and can pick the one you want. They have a lot of options though, so im sure youll be fine.
- Nov 12, '12 by btrossbachCan anyone that is currently in the program tell me the brand and style number of the uniform pants and top? Thanks in advance!
- Nov 13, '12 by redmonds12Honestly not really. We could tell you the ones that we use. But you want to wait and order them through school. First of all sometimes they change. And second of all, they were talking about switching carriers this year from Fentons Uniforms to something different and if they do, theyll probably switch brands. The uniform company will come to your registration day. I would wait until then.
- Nov 13, '12 by tempbesty313Quote from drea588Hello pre nurse ,Greetings! I wanted to start a thread for anyone who has applied into Montgomery College's Fall '12 Nursing program. I am applying after my second attempt on the TEAS which will be on Tuesday, March 20th. My first try (without study) rendered scores that barely met the minimum requirements, so I am hoping to have a higher, more competitive score this time around. I also have all four priority courses completed, so I am hopeful to be accepted!
Good luck to anyone who comes across this thread!
i am 25 male pre nurse and i have a few questions hoping that you wonderful people can answer. i have taken the teas 2x now and i am going to take the practice teas exam in november 2012 before or after thanksgiving. i am taking it with the teas coordinator at montgomery college takoma park. i have all my priority classes taken care of and the only thing that is holding me back is the teas v. i really have a passion when it comes to helping ppl out regardless of how long i know them. i really want to be a nurse i think im destined to be one but i do get discourage at times. any resources, anyone offering free tutoring help or suggestion would be nice. resources im using teas v study guide which is no help to me to be honest , nursing book, english, reading barron book and online websites provided by the coordinator of teas .
both of my teas were terrible.
ANY HELP WOULD BE USEFUL I REALLY WANT TO GET IT FOR THE SPRING SEMESTER. planning on applying for chamberlin in virgina if i dont get in for takoma park. thank you have a good day by the way good luck to everyone that got accepted this year
- Nov 19, '12 by btrossbachQuote from redmonds12Thanks. They are still using Fentons. I got the style number for the pants, just trying to find the best deal I can.Honestly not really. We could tell you the ones that we use. But you want to wait and order them through school. First of all sometimes they change. And second of all, they were talking about switching carriers this year from Fentons Uniforms to something different and if they do, theyll probably switch brands. The uniform company will come to your registration day. I would wait until then.
- Nov 29, '12 by dais21Hi guys, I am currently in my first semester at MC and wanting to pursue my Associates degree in nursing, at MC. I only have completed the B107, and EN101, an arts, and Psych 101. Am I eligible to take the Teas test now?? I think you only need to have b107 and en101 complete? Also, If I end up taking the teas and with my only classes completed, is it worth applying for the nursing program in March 2013, for fall?? I realllllyyyy need some advice. Next semester I will be taking A/P 204, a sociology class, spanish, human growth and dev, and en 102. Over summer I will be doing A/P 2, and online statistics. I've been told by many people in the nursing dept that the rate for applying in the spring, is much lower than when people apply in August. Please PLease Pleaseee let me know anything you can guys. I'd really appreciate it!! I'm 18, and I plan on transferring to University of Maryland Shady Grove for my BSN...if not, rn to bsn. Again, I really appreciate it guys. Here's my facebook if anyone would like to help me out in advice, or in my same shoes! http://www.facebook.com/daisy.villa?ref=tn_tnmn
GOOD JOB TO ALL OF YOU SMARTIES THAT GOT IN!
ps-What are some good study materials for the TEAS???