MD NCLEX -RN exam application
- 0Jun 13, '08 by Proverbs 16:3I've emailed the board via the email link at their website and i'm still waiting for them to email me the forms.
I know some of you here have had the forms email to you before. If you still have the forms for the application for lincensure via exam, can you please forward them to me, PLEEEEEEEASE.
This BON is the snappiest so the earlier i can fill it out, the better.
Please pm me for my email address or post a reply and i'll pm you with my email addy.
For those whose schools have access to the forms, if you can get them for me, i'll pay shipping and more. I'm done with school and don't want to spend months waiting for these forms.
- 1Jun 13, '08 by eager1hasbegunThe board only accepts paper applications, so don't expect anything via email. After I emailed my request, I got a confirmation about a week later and recieved the app in the mail shortly thereafter. while your waiting, I would suggest figuring out a place to get your fingerprints taken, as MD requires them for background checks. Good luck!
- 0Jun 17, '08 by Proverbs 16:3Thank you soo much for your response. I have an interview today and decided i'll leave philly early morning so i can go to the BON before going to the hospital.
I really appreciated your feedback. Do you mind me asking how long it took for them to send you the ATT once you send the forms in?
Quote from LyndseyERi am also in PA and sent a req for an app you cant download anything its all mailed it took 3 weeks before I recvd my stuff in the mail. It might be quick to take a ride down to b more to the BON to grab them
- 1Jun 17, '08 by eager1hasbegunQuote from Proverbs 16:3I really appreciated your feedback. Do you mind me asking how long it took for them to send you the ATT once you send the forms in?
ThanksQuote from LyndseyERI'm taking mine in pa much quicker to get att back since I went to school there ( 1week) and am transfering it to md . Saves about a mo time
Actually, I dropped mine in the mailbox on a friday night and got my ATT via email the next thursday. I'm also living in pa and moving to md. And I've heard MBON is extremely slow w/ licensure by endorsement...
- 0Jun 17, '08 by Proverbs 16:3Elise,
Thank you so much for your response. I had to go for an interview in MD today so i figured i'd drop by the BON to pick up the forms. I should have been smart to go there last week instead but at least i killed two birds with a stone today. Boy, they had people waiting and i signed in and waited till i decided all i need is the forms so i asked and got it and was out in less than 10minutes. I think their problem is that they are short staffed. They open at 8am and while i was leaving at 8:45, that's when the receptionist came in.
I'm going to get them filled tomorrow because i'm so tired today. I only got 2hours of sleep before leaving for baltimore, maybe less because i was nervous so i slept on the amtrak train on my way back and missed my stop in philadelphia. When i opened my eyes, i saw the philly zoo and center city going by and i felt like breaking through the window and screaming stop the train and let me out'. I had to get off at trenton and catch the train back to philly. That should teach me to sleep next time
I'm so tired to do anything now but i took a look at the forms and realized we had to do the fingerprints. Where did you do yours? The police district here doesn't do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Did you mail your form fedex, ups or usps?
Quote from eager1hasbegunActually, I dropped mine in the mailbox on a friday night and got my ATT via email the next thursday. I'm also living in pa and moving to md. And I've heard MBON is extremely slow w/ licensure by endorsement...
EliseLast edit by Proverbs 16:3 on Jun 17, '08
- 0Jun 17, '08 by eager1hasbegungod, I know how it feels to miss a stop, but not to that extent! as for the fingerprints, I googled fingerprint services in Pittsburgh. I got a retired police sergeant who came to my house and did the prints for $25. You can also check with your school or other universities in the area. I know Univ. of Pgh. Police offers the service to students and staff. I was planning on sending the application via USPS w/ a delivery confirmation, but because of my work schedule (and no car) I couldn't get to the post office, so I said a prayer and dropped it in a box by my house with more than enough stamps! I've been really nervous that something in this long chain of events was gonna get hitched and i'd be screwed (not to mention stuck in PGH) , but so far it's working out for me...everything's falling into place; it's just reassurance that I'm doing what I should be with my life! Now I just have to pass boards!!
- 0Jun 23, '08 by Proverbs 16:3I just wanted to post this here so in case someone looks at it, they can have the info without starting a thread. it took a week for the BON to send me the application through the mail. I originally sent the email two thursdays ago but i didn't include my address till someone told me it's not a downloadable link so i sent a second email with my home address and i got the packet today.
Either way, i still have to go there because there are 2 of us here applying for lincensure in MD and we can't get straight answers from them over the phone.