- 0Aug 17, '03 by brian AdminHi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- 4,960 Visits
- 0Aug 18, '03 by GNikJust thought I'd add my hello here. I look forward to interacting with other Maryland nurses. I am the clinical director with HFAM (that and $5 gets me a cup of starbucks coffee). My expertise is geriiatrics, the federal/state survey process and quality improvement related to long term care facilities.
Let's make this a productive forum.
- 0Aug 19, '03 by erikanursenurseI begin a 2year BSN program on Wednesday, August 20. I am interested in hearing about where people are attending school. There are so many types of progams out there now. I am attending Villa Julie College nights/weekends accelerated BSN program. I chose this program because I already have a BA degree in Biology and it will allow me to continue to work during the day. The program is 2 years long. I can't wait!!!
- 0Aug 22, '03 by PennyLaneOriginally posted by erikanursenurse
I begin a 2year BSN program on Wednesday, August 20. I am interested in hearing about where people are attending school. There are so many types of progams out there now. I am attending Villa Julie College nights/weekends accelerated BSN program. I chose this program because I already have a BA degree in Biology and it will allow me to continue to work during the day. The program is 2 years long. I can't wait!!!
- 0Aug 22, '03 by TravelerI now live in Tenn. but just wanted to check this board since I used to live in and went to nsg. school in MD. I attended Union Mem. Hosp. School of Nsg. I thing they no longer have that program and are working with Villa Julie or Notre Dame. Too bad because it was a really good school. I was working with small children also at the time. Did prereq's at college and then had classes two nights a week for 4 hours each and then clinicals every other weekend for three years. Got TONS of clinical time and it really helped when I went out into the "real world." Anyway, best of luck to all of you.
- 0Aug 22, '03 by imenid37Hi Marylanders,
I now live in PA, but close to the state line. Best of luck to you two as you start school. I am U of MD grad RN TO BSN 1990. Originally grad of Catonsville Community College 1987 ADN (now called the Community College of Baltimore County). Worked at St. Joe's in Towson and saw lots of VJC students. Donna Swope was a professor at VJC, not sure if she's still there. Great OB knowledge. I really admired her. She was once at St. Joe's way back when.
- 0Aug 29, '03 by PucciHi Marylanders!! I am a new BSN student at Coppin State. I am very excited and will be starting Sept 2nd. I was attending BCCC for computers, but once I got into the course, I found out that it wasn't for me. I was going to stay there b/c they have a nursing program, but I want to become a CRNA so I decided to get my bachelor's out of the way. I am married w/4 children. Needless to say that I will be out of work for the next few years. I am still trying to figure out money management skills until I graduate. Anyone interested in CRNA?? My friend is an RN and has been for the last 5 years and she says that it is high malpractice, but it's what I really want to do. I visited the NA discussion board and heard some pretty interesting things about the program and preparation. Just wanted to say Hi!! Sorry for babbling.:roll