Howard CC LPN Applicants Fall 2012
- 0Nov 18, '11 by pinkcosmoHello Everyone,
So... I have decided to apply to Howard CC LPN's program under the second admission batch (since I won't be done my pre-reqs until end of next spring). I decided to go this route since I know the LPN program is easier to get into, with less waiting lists than the RN program (I hope). Is anyone else going this route either at Howard CC or another CC in Maryland? I noticed there aren't a lot of threads about application experience into LPN programs. I really would like to know if it's worth it to go this route or just wait the year to be able to attend an accelerated RN program. I'm pretty anxious to just start nursing school right away, and I think the LPN could be my way in if I can get in for next fall. I also thought about just taking my LPN and getting some work experience and then getting my RN when I found an employer who could pay for the rest of it. Any thoughts on this?
Any information would be MUCH appreciated.
- 0Nov 30, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88I completed the LPN program at HCC in 2009 and will be done with the RN program there next week.
I'm glad I did this route because I was able to gain great experience as a LPN while completing the RN program.
Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.... Good luck.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by pinkcosmoFor some reason it won't let me PM you. Thank you so much for your response! My main question right now is if you experienced any wait list for the LPN program? Also did you apply to the day or evening/weekend? I'm hoping to not get on a wait list but I'll be a spring finisher and I heard that's what usually happens. Im going to an info session on monday so hopefully they can give me some info too.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88Quote from pinkcosmoI was in a special program when I started in 2008 which did not require me to be wait listed. I got in right away as a benefit of this program. The program I'm referring to is the RENEW program. I don't have no idea what the wait list entails.For some reason it won't let me PM you. Thank you so much for your response! My main question right now is if you experienced any wait list for the LPN program? Also did you apply to the day or evening/weekend? I'm hoping to not get on a wait list but I'll be a spring finisher and I heard that's what usually happens. Im going to an info session on monday so hopefully they can give me some info too.
I was an evening/weekend student for the LPN and Day student for the RN program. They will be able to give you great info. at the session.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88Quote from pinkcosmoThanks. Its hard to be real excited because I still have one more major exam and paper that need to be graded. I will keep you posted and let you know how everything turns out. I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. God has brought be a long way.Thanks this helps a lot! and congratulations on being almost done- you must be so excited