Howard CC Accelerated May 2012Register Today!
- by love_heal_yoga Mar 26, '12Hi everyone, I was accepted and will begin the accelerated program in May. I am very much looking forward to the journey and would love to connect with past or present students. Anyone out there...??
- 955 Views
- Apr 22, '12 by pinkcosmosHey there! Congrats on your acceptance. While I have not actually been accepted in to the program yet, I was wondering if you could tell me if you applied during the first period (September 15) or Regular (January?) I wont be done my pre-reqs until January but was hoping that they still do accept people who don't get everything in by the rolling deadline. Thanks, and congrats again!
- Apr 22, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNI completed my LPN and RN at HCC. I didn't do the accelerated but just wanted to wish you both luck. I think HCC has a wonderful program. One hint of advice: Start studying for the exit HESI exam in your last semester. It comes around fast and you need to be prepared. PM if you have any questions.
- Apr 22, '12 by love_heal_yogathanks to both of you.
pinkcosmos i believe the deadline to have the prerequisites completed is that february. so if you finish up in january you will be quite fine. always double check with nursing admissions, however, as things may change. i did apply regular admissions, not rolling. the odds were stacked against me, but i was accepted and am thankful.
onlybyhisgracern i will do just that! i picked up a "test taking for nursing students" book and am familiarizing myself with the nursing process. ready and anxious to begin the year. thank you again.
- Apr 22, '12 by bcandygurlHey Onlybyhisgracern, can you comment on how difficult it was for your class to get jobs after graduating? I'm just curious as there has been a lot of talk about it being extremely difficult to get jobs with ADNs in comparison to BSN graduates..