Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) in Maryland Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Has anyone who applied to their new grad fellowship in March, heard anything back from them? I went...by fashionistaRN Apr 5, '12Has anyone who applied to their new grad fellowship in March, heard anything back from them? I went to the nurse career fair yesterday (pointless unless you are an experience nurse) and was able to talk to the recruiter. She said they are heavily interviewing right now and filling in spots. So there's a high possibility if you haven't been called for an interview already, it may be too late.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=693988©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,292 Views
- Apr 11, '12 by TerpGal02Well that sucks, because I definitely applied there This is starting to get very discouraging.
- Apr 11, '12 by fashionistaRNTerpGal02, when did you graduate? Have you tried Holy Cross and John Hopkins?
- Apr 16, '12 by TUNurseStudentI applied there too and haven't heard anything back either...this is tough to hear. I have been looking at Holy Cross, do you know a way I could get in touch with the nurse recruiter there?
- Apr 16, '12 by TerpGal02I've not tried either one yet. There are 2 people from my class that are now working at Hopkins. Holy Cross is euuugggghhhhh....................THE TRAFFIC! That commute would suck but if I have to do it, I have to do it. Both 270 AND 495 = road rage galore LOL
- Apr 19, '12 by fashionistaRNIf it hasn't been 6 month since you graduated, apply to Hopkins. The pay is not the greatest (salaried) but even 6 months at Hopkins on your resume, will give you any job in the world. I agree on traffic. You will have to leave your house at 5am, just to hopefully make it by 6:30. DMV traffic is horrible...
- Apr 24, '12 by rwc2293I called AAMC nurse recruitment today and they were very short with me saying the next time new grad positions will be open is february NEXT YEAR.... I waited for the application to open for new grad program and waited a week because I was on vacation and they had already took it off. It is CRAZY how fast they filled up.
- Apr 24, '12 by fashionistaRNWow. Of Next year?! lol What happened to October of this year?! That's insane. From what the recruiter told me, a lot of their applications were in house. @rwc2293 were you able to apply at all?
- May 2, '12 by TUNurseStudentYeah I set up a job agent for AAMC and the email came at 3am. I shot up and submitted it right then. Two years ago I was just looking around for what kinds of jobs there were and I noticed it only took them 2 days to take off the posting so if you are going to apply again make sure you set up a job agent.
- May 10, '12 by mollymaernI was a new grad in 2008 and did AAMC's ER fellowship program. I applied in February. By April, I had my interview and a job offer. I know that at the time, there were 6 of us in the program in the emergency department, but by the following year, they only had one space for a new grad. I don't know what it's like now or if that is different for different departments. I wouldn't recommend going to their ER unless things have changed in the last two years since I left. It is poorly staffed and not well run at all. However, I have heard excellent things about other departments. Good luck to you!