Why a Nurse? - Page 3Register Today!
- Feb 12 by ksgirl2012Wow! Just realized that most of my post got cut off! Lol, guess I shouldn't post and run....
- Feb 13 by VW DorkI chose nursing because I thoroughly enjoy helping people in any and every-way possible. I also am ver passionate about human anatomy and physiology.
My plans are to finish with my BSN, work and gain experience in different settings if possible, my goal is to start med-school and to become a surgeon. Unsure as to what I'd like to specialize in right now, but I'm sure that I'll figure that out as my education progresses.
- Feb 14 by dwitbI chose nursing for several reasons. I enjoyed watching the care my twins received in the NICU and the care I gave them after coming home and I was impressed with the care my Dad received in a trauma ICU before he passed. I feel the need to help others in similar situations
I want to be in the ICU and work on my BSN then possibly either ACNP or maybe CRNA
- Feb 15 by blackvans12341) Why the heck not!?
Seriously though, I always wanted to help people, thought about doing Physical therapist, did many hours of volunteering at local hospital's inpatient rehab, then took my CNA on a whim. Made it through, ended up getting a job on that very unit I volunteered on, just because of my volunteer experience
2) 21, will be 22 in march 2013
3) Step one, graduate nursing school (ASN spring 2014), step two, get yob in Fl. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars until steps 1 and 2 are complete. But very likely I will get a BSN (see step 1)
- Mar 18 by StayHumble11I'm 24 and nursing won me over after going back n forth with trying to decide on a major
- Mar 18 by StayHumble11Quote from future_anesthetistNice! I should also mention that my family is full of doctors and nurses, so I am passionate about nursing but wasn't sure if I wanted to do that first or go straight to medicine. Well nursing won. Accepted to a bsn program and start this August. 8-)1) The only career option with real meaning.
3) Just graduated with ADN and will finish BSN in 2014. I'll work in ICU and specialize in anesthesia. Or, wherever life takes me. I'm in for the journey
- Mar 18 by satherp51) Love working with people. The idea of helping someone in their most desperate time of need is pretty awesome.
2) 27 now, 29 when I graduate.
3) I'm going to a CC for my ADN then I'd like to transfer to UW to get my BSN. After that I'd like to work pediatric oncology. Outside of that, I just want the perfect family with the white picket fence.
- Mar 19 by dstevens251) Went into Nursing because I enjoy making a difference, even if its just a small smile. I'm in 4th year, RN, in Canada. I've saved lives (everywhere- clinics, wards, heck even on the street), brought people back to life (in ER) and comforted my patients & their familes while they accept their death (in palliative). Sure there are less glamourous aspects to nursing but its in the 15min when I'm doing a bed bath that can be the most rewarding; if you take that time to get to know your patient(s) I found, and I think every nurse should find, the reason why we do what we do. I'll take a line from the Airforce Pararescuemen here- "So that others may live", Nursing- Best calling on the planet.
2) 22 yrs old graduating and writing my license this June 2013
3) I would love to start in ER and bounce around everywhere. Maybe finally, one day, getting my NP/CRNA; who knows I just wanna end up in California as a new grad!Last edit by dstevens25 on Mar 19 : Reason: typo.
- Mar 19 by Jordan100Quote from Ant241) I feel like my whole life I've been receiving help from others, but I've never had it in my power to give it back. I've just always had this mindset that puts me in other people's positions. I want to help others who are not at their best to the best of my ability.Hey fellas, so just thought I'd see everyone else's thoughts on this?
1) WHY NURSING?
3) LIFE GOAL AFTER NURSING?
2) 21, just achieved my LVN! Woohoo~
3) I just want to leave this world knowing I've helped save a life