What area do you want to work in after you graduate?Register Today!
- by Scrubz Mar 13, '07I'm sure I won't be the only guy to say that I want to work in critical care after I graduate. Havn't really got anything narrowed down yet because I don't know enough about all of them to make up my mind, but I'd like to work in a SICU, MICU, or CCU. Probably SICU or CCU because I intend on applying to CRNA school eventually and I'll get to see and do more if I work in one of those units. Plus this way I could probably get the facility I'm working for to pay for classes and certificaitons I'd have to take. At some point I want to get my CCRN too. I'm all about learning when it comes to stuff I'm interested in
So what area do you want to work in after you've graduated!?
- 2,490 Views
- Mar 14, '07 by MedwynnWell i'm apprenticing at the CIC/CCU unit here, my first choice was ICU.. but the more i think about it , I really like cardiac.. I applied for a graduate nurse position there, interviewed, and got the position.
A lot of people have told me that i'm making a good decision.
- Mar 14, '07 by Sapper41thinking NICU, if not that then ICU. Also plan to go CRNA.
- Mar 16, '07 by CRNA2BKYDitto on just about all replies. I also want to be a CRNA, so I'm going the ICU route. I'm kinda leaning towards CVICU because of some of the good posts I've read on the Student CRNA forum. I guess I'll figure it all out when the time get closer.
- Mar 16, '07 by KckStrtPediatric Trauma/ED/Critical care.... Somebody has to take care of these babies
- Apr 3, '07 by MexaricanI'm not sure about the CRNA deal...but i'm sure i want to do NICU or PICU or ICU...not sure yet. i got all of nursing school to make mind up
- Apr 3, '07 by richardjboro1I guess I'm strange. I'm one of the few males in our class that ISN"T interested in CRNA school. I do want to get either a CNS or NP tho, possibly in Trauma and/or peds. I'm loving clinicals finally too....never thought I'd like ortho M/S, but it's fun and challenging.
- Apr 3, '07 by lpnguy26Cardiothoracic ICU Cleveland Clinic