Need help for a budget watch for males.
- 0Jul 15, '11 by J-SwishMy watch has to have the following:
- Rubber, silicon, anything as long as strap is washable
- Must display military time
- Must have second hand
- Light, if available (NS says we need it in case PT is in a dark room and you don't want to turn the light on.)
- Color must be white (preferably) or black.
And this last bit is my preference:
I'm already having a tough time trying to find that ideal budget watch. I have narrowed it down to a watch on eBay with everything above except it does not have light and it is a black color. Unfortunately, I would also have to order it from Hong Kong and it could take a long while. And while I have managed to find watches that fit the criteria above, they are not for guys and are tiny.
Anyone have suggestions, advice, anything? What watch do you use?
- 0Jul 16, '11 by rn/writer GuideI was going to suggest Wally World, as well. They have all kinds of reasonably priced watches that have many features of more expensive watches.
Here's a link:
Hope you fine what you're looking for.
- 0Jul 18, '11 by rn/writer GuideQuote from That GuyThat's what I do, and I've been a nurse for 17 years. I buy the same men's watch over and over because I like the actual numbers (as opposed to Roman numerals or dots), it has a stop-second hand, and it's large enough that I don't have to struggle to read it. I always have the one I'm using currently and a back-up. When the current one poops out or has a problem, I move the on-deck one up to the plate and go out and spend ten bucks on a new back up.Walmart $5-10 rack. Buy one, throw away at end of semester. Rinse, repeat.
They last about three years and then the battery goes. It's about $7.50 to replace the battery. For $2.50 more I can get a brand new watch so that's what I do. Using this system costs me less than a penny a day. Been doing it for about twelve years now.
I just hope they don't stop making that style!Last edit by rn/writer on Jul 29, '11
- 1Jul 19, '11 by J-SwishI managed to find a watch at Wally World that has all of the following above except it's black but that's fine.
UPDATE: I know this is a tricky requirement, but does anyone know where one could find a Mid-Top, no logo, all leather, white shoe?
I ask for a Mid-Top because I have very, very weak ankles so I use Mid-Tops to help support my ankles and feet. Any suggestions are appreciated!