The Guys Club: Guy Students Come on In! - Page 135Register Today!
- Dec 11, '10 by PokytrokytAbout 15% of the students in nursing school with me are guys. So I don't expect you'll be all alone.
And if you're single and straight? You'll def be Mr. Popular with female nursing students.
- Dec 17, '10 by ckey01Hello all! Starting the ADN program at Collin County Community College next month and wanted to check in here and introduce myself. Father of 2 (21 mo daughter, 1 mo son), married for 7 years, and I've worked in the IT industry for the last decade. Been laid off a few too many times in that busy so I decided to try and move into healthcare, which is the field I wanted to work in back before I started college (was seduced by the relatively high pay in the IT world in the late 90's).
- Jan 12, '11 by Jonathank10 viewing on this board versus @300 on "general" and "assistance". But I do lurk here, so I figured I'd post up in this thread for the other 9 who are here.
- Jan 14, '11 by WrexHello everybody, i am a male nursing student from Belgium. glad to be here and i'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
- Feb 7, '11 by ParamedtoRNI'm a 25 year old Paramedic going RN!
- Feb 13, '11 by WittyUsernameAnyone have experience doing an RN-BSN while working? I have a B.S. already but it will only cost~$10k to do ADN (+ another $10k for an online RN-BSN) compared to ~$35k for an accelerated BSN. I'm concerned about BSNs getting selected over ADNs with so many new grads to choose from.
- Feb 14, '11 by exit96Almost done, 1 semester after this one! I just transferred into the faster track at my college. In the former track i was one of 2 guys, in the present track I am 1 of 5 guys. My clinical group is 4 guys 4 females!!! I don't mind being with all the females at all. However, it is nice to have more guys so that I can hang with them and opt out of the "female" type conversations that do get old.
- Mar 29, '11 by Merlin8015Hello everyone, 31 yo ADN student at Baker College, Clinton Township MI. Married father of 3 work full time and still holding a 4.0. I think I may be bald by the end of this journey though. Former EMT and Firefighter.
- Mar 29, '11 by mursestudenti did my bsn through the university of texas it was all online and cost me $6000, good program very fast paced, classes were only 5 weeks long
- Mar 29, '11 by exit96Quote from Merlin8015One word..."HOW?"Hello everyone, 31 yo ADN student at Baker College, Clinton Township MI. Married father of 3 work full time and still holding a 4.0. I think I may be bald by the end of this journey though. Former EMT and Firefighter.
Must be some carry-over of knowledge from being a paramedic and firefighter...?
What do you mean by full time employment? If I may ask :-)
Nice job by the way!!