Graduating in 30 days!Register Today!
- by KckStrt Apr 17, '07I have taken my last final today. I am so excited I could.... well, do something. I can't believe that after 4 years myself and my family will not be held hostage anymore. I told an instructor today I would NOT recommend nursing school to anyone. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. The hours of lecture and labs SUCK, the hours spent in clinical standing around waiting for something to happen SUCK and the disorganization SUCKS. I love nursing but I hate the education that I had to endure to complete this program. I had to work mostly full time while in school and last semester I was on chemo for 6 months (all better now) along with having a new baby born in Oct 05, who I am eternally grateful to spend my life with. Went through 3 jobs and bought a new house. God we have been through alot now that I have it in front of me. I am looking forward to "real world nursing".
I didn't mean for this to be this long... just wanted to say HURRAY!
- 929 Views
- Apr 17, '07 by NurseDaddy2006Well now. Aint that something. Hurray for you!
- Apr 17, '07 by donsterRNCongratulations to you!
- Apr 18, '07 by hlfpntIt's a pretty awesome feeling!!! Congratulations to you & your family!
- Apr 18, '07 by november17I'm done in 5 days. Tomorrow I'm taking my final, and I get my degree in hand on Monday. Nursing school has been hell but I think I am a much stronger person for having gone through it. I surprise myself most of the time with the knowledge I've gained in the field.
Good for you though, like you said I'm pretty excited myself. More exciting are the job offers that have been rolling in. I told an interviewer the other day how happy I am just to get my life back. To be able to leave clinicals, go home, and leave the work behind. To not have to worry about studying etc.
And money?!? Psh...I'll actually have some for the first time in 3 years since I've only been able to work part time.
Ahhh...I'm going to be living the good life.
Hats off to you though for being able to work full time and make it through. There were several in my class who worked full time too and I don't understand how they managed. I'm personally not that self-disciplined; I have to have "me" time even if it means reading a non-school book. Social life? forgot about it!! I have friends I haven't talked to very often in the past 2 yeas I plan on hanging out with a lot more often though.
- Apr 22, '07 by HM2VikingRNCongrats
- Apr 25, '07 by TweetyCongratulations. To date nursing school remains the hardest things I've ever done. The "real world" is a piece of cake. Good luck!
Here's how it goes.......the "Horray I'm graduated!!!" posts. The "I just took NCLEX and am I'm sure I failed" posts. The "I passed NCLEX!!" posts. The " I'm a new nurse and I hate nursing, nursing school didn't prepare me and I feel do dumb and inadequate, and why do nurses eat their young"posts!.
Gotta love this time of year.
Seriously, I hope your journey into nursing is a smooth and happy one.Last edit by Tweety on Apr 25, '07
- Apr 25, '07 by KckStrtThanks everyone.
I have landed a pretty sweet position working DAYS, if you can believe that, at Barnes in St. Louis. I am not looking forward to taking the shuttles every morning, but at least I will have time to enjoy my son in the evenings and MOST weekends!
Things really do work out if I just keep my eye on the prize.
- Apr 25, '07 by CherishCongratulations. I can't wait to be in your position in the next couple of years. Hopefully, the next 2 yrs will be the dream state of my career.:spin:
- Apr 27, '07 by locolorenzo22congrats, I hope to be posting the same at this time next year, all that will remain will be capstoning...