Do you still hold doors for women?Register Today!
- by gtshin30303 Jul 19, '10I still hold doors for women. I once held the door for the female students after class was over. Boy, that took a long time!
- Jul 19, '10 by CT Pixieand this "chick" thanks all you men for being polite enough to hold doors for me.
May I answer this post although I am not a man? I hold the doors for everyone. I don't care if it's an able bodied 20 year old man or a disabled elderly person..anyone behind me can bet their right arm, the door will be held for them. (My momma raised me with manners and common courtesy)Last edit by CT Pixie on Jul 19, '10 : Reason: atrocious spelling today..ughh
- Jul 19, '10 by Bob_N_VAI hold it for everyone, especially all the ladies in the class, though I would hold it for guys as well. Its a pet peeve of mine when somebody lets a door close when another person is coming in. I've held it for the whole class quite a few times, I think they get a kick out of it.
- Jul 19, '10 by CherishQuote from Bob_N_VAI hold it for everyone, especially all the ladies in the class, though I would hold it for guys as well. Its a pet peeve of mine when somebody lets a door close when another person is coming in. I've held it for the whole class quite a few times, I think they get a kick out of it.
Thank you that is a pet peeve of mine too. I hold the door for everyone but now a days I am noticing people not holding doors or elevators they see you coming and you see them pressing the button. HOW RUDE!!!
- Jul 20, '10 by AnoetosI hold the door for everyone too. Yeah, I'd feel pretty lame if I didn't.
On the other hand, if I am going through a doorway more or less simultaneously with another person, I am more likely to yield to a woman than to a man.
- Jul 21, '10 by CT PixieFunny this came up. I was in class yesterday and as I went to leave, some older "gentleman" was trying to come in the door that you should be exiting from (you know the rule, two doors to enter/exit, you use the one to the right). Anyway as I pushed it open (you could not see the man he was standing off to the side of the door) he was pulling it open, I stopped to allow him to walk through as I held the door and he came in like a bull talking about "you wanted EQUAL RIGHTS and to be a FEMINIST, hold your own damn door!" My mouth hit the floor, I was holding the door open for him to enter, not expecting him to hold it for me and allow me to pass. The younger gentleman I had been walking and chatting with (18-20 yrs old) looked at the man and said "I hope no one ever talks to your WIFE or DAUGHTERS that way when they are coming through a door!"
I'll chalk it up to the older man was having a bad day..a really bad day..and took it out on me...ughhhh