Any guys want to be penpals? Sounds lame, but I'm telling you we all need motivationRegister Today!
- by Living4Peace Jan 5, '12I just read a book called "The Pact" and it was about three black males from the inner city whose environment was riddled with crime, violence and drugs. Despite the harsh streets they made a pact to get through high school go to college and all become doctors and each one of them made it.
Peer support is definitely needed. I know nursing school is tough and motivation is a must sometimes. Any guys want to link up and be pen pals? It would be cool to talk with someone around my age. I am 23 and starting school soon.
We can use this thread to each find a pen pal
- Jan 5, '12 by ddr87Hey,
I am about to start school for LVN in a few months. Just starting and getting through the acceptance part is nerve racking. I'm not so much nervous about school as much as I am retaining the stuff and passing the test's including the nclex. Then having to fight to get into an internship for some sort of critical care in my area.
I don't know if your going into RN or LVN but either way, i'm sure its just as nerve racking because lets face it, I'm not sure how many guys really imagine being nurses until they actually decide to be, I know I never thought twice about being a nurse growing up.
All in all thought as nervous as I am, I'm just as excited...it's new...its a career with a future...lots of potential to do many things...and can be a stable income in today's world. I get a sense of pride with ever bit I achieve toward becoming a nurse, just wish I didn't have to wait.
I see what you said about that book. I understand the idea behind support. It helps. The main thing is to focus on that end goal and make it happen. If something gets in the way, learn from it, correct it, and keep going.
Anyways yeah...feel free to comment, not much of a "pen pal" (lol) kind of guy but I don't mind talking about stuff that I find interesting...
Any other guys that want to drop in feel free, and for anyone new to nursing as myself...good luck!
- Jan 7, '12 by NCRNMDMI'm 19, and a second semester nursing student. Feel free to private message me, or post any questions you have to one of the student forums. I'll be glad to help you in any way that I can. Good luck on your journey through nursing school! It's amazing, but unlike anything you've ever done.
- Jan 8, '12 by mas28Whats up fellas. I'm going through the horrible long wait to find out if I got in my nursing program. I applied to a Accelerated Masters Nursing Program. FNP track and I find out in February if I got in. My application has been in since August 2011. It will be almost 6 months that I have been waiting. The school mails out letter early February and I am extremely nervous; so wish me luck. I am very excited to embark on a nursing career, I've been in healthcare for almost 9 years. I'm 29 now and I'm ready to advance my career in a good direction. Anyway If I can be of any assistance to anyone, feel free to respond or pm.
Good luck to you guys in your program and the ones waiting to hear something.
- Jan 9, '12 by pharaohncSure...going back to school in May for my RN..so could always use the support...and give support and I'm 23 as well....
- Jan 9, '12 by NCRNMDMMy offer to help in any way I can extends to everyone on this forum. Feel free to private message me, or post to this forum. I will be glad to be a support system, a source of knowledge, and a place to vent or get advice. In May I will be completing my second semester, and about to begin my third semester of my ASN program.
- Jan 11, '12 by dedicatedoneI too think its smart to support each other. Like Mas28 I applied to several Accelerated Master Nursing Programs - also for FNP, and it's brutal waiting to hear back from them all. I'm 24 and have worked in healthcare administration for over 2 years now. It seems like most of us so far are just getting started on our journey or waiting for those letters of hope from the programs with applied to. I wish us all the best on our path!
- Jan 12, '12 by Living4PeaceQuote from dedicatedoneGood luck man. Keep us posted!I too think its smart to support each other. Like Mas28 I applied to several Accelerated Master Nursing Programs - also for FNP, and it's brutal waiting to hear back from them all. I'm 24 and have worked in healthcare administration for over 2 years now. It seems like most of us so far are just getting started on our journey or waiting for those letters of hope from the programs with applied to. I wish us all the best on our path!
- Feb 7, '12 by nursingschool*I just finished my 4th week of a BSN program. I'd be interested in hearing everyone's experiences. Good luck on the journey.
S.Last edit by sirI on Feb 16, '12