Ages of male nursing students? - Page 47Register Today!
- Mar 22, '12 by arronlpnI am 22. I grew up working at a nursing home with my mom who is an LPN. I am in an LPN program now and I plan to work towards my RN then possibly my MSN since my college has RN to MSN where you earn your BSN and MSN. I went to other colleges for 3 years not know what I wanted to do, but then I realized that this is where I wanted to be and I am glad I am doing what I love.
- Mar 28, '12 by ddmad44 here, starting an accelerated RN/BSN program this summer...
- Mar 28, '12 by tigo25, starting my ABSN in June
- Mar 29, '12 by brassguyI just received my acceptance letter exactly one week ago. I am 30 and will be when I start in the fall. Unfortunately, due to financial issues I will need to do my first year in the residence hall. I don't know how that will be...we'll see!
- Mar 31, '12 by malestunurse21 and started this year.
- Apr 1, '12 by SiftyStarted studying when I was 30 for Diploma of Nursing. Took 6 months off and then started at uni to study for Bachelor of Nursing will be finished at the end of this year (with any luck) and will be 34 by that stage.
- Apr 1, '12 by Sturmgeist39 and finishing my ABSN on May 3rd!
- Apr 2, '12 by mgbutterThere are 3 guys in my class (myself being one of mthem). I am 42, another is 42ish and the other is (I think) 20's.
Quote from StearnsyOf the 23 other students comprising the group that I entered nursing school with, three of them are men. The class that is graduating at the end of next week I believe has 1 male student, and as far as I know the class immediately behind mine has 1 as well. This is about 60 students (some classes have had students drop), with 6 of them being males; that's only 1 in 10.
So we know that male nurses are few and far between, but how old are we?
The 1 student in the class graduating next week is 28.
The 1 student in the class that entered the semester after mine is at least 30 (a second career-er I believe).
Of the 4 in my class, 2 are about 45, 1 is 40, and then there is me...21.
How old are you guys? How old when you started school?
Just curious. :spin:
- Apr 3, '12 by bingubsn25, done in may
- Apr 5, '12 by WanahakalugiI'm in my first year of my ASN at 24. Husband to a wonderful wife, Dad to 3 great kiddos. Out of the class of 67 that I am in, 7 of us are guys. I'm the second youngest at 24. The others are 22, 29, 33, 45, 37, and 38. Oh wait, there was a 19 year old but he dropped last week....