Students attending (or attended) SMCC??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Students attending (or attended) SMCC?? in Maine State Nursing Programs, part of Maine Nursing ... What a great website! I will be starting at SMCC (but on campus at YCCC) in a few weeks and was...by beachmom77 Aug 8, '12What a great website! I will be starting at SMCC (but on campus at YCCC) in a few weeks and was hoping to hear from other students that have gone through the program there, or will be starting there also. I am excited, nervous, overwhelmed, and did I say, EXCITED! I was on the waitlist to start Fall of 2013, but was called a few weeks ago letting me know of an opening this fall, AND closer to home!!! I feel so blessed that this has happened!
I look forward to meeting some great people on here, and know this will be a great support for the coming 2 crazy years!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=768537©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,207 Views
- Aug 10, '12 by FinallyMineI haven't seen many people on here from Maine. I just started at USM in May in the Options program. I just figured I'd respond so you hear from someone in Maine!
Good luck in your program, congrats on jumping the waitlist.
- Aug 11, '12 by beachmom77Thanks!! Best of luck to you too!
- Aug 12, '12 by jennannwarrenI just graduated from YCCC with my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts. It's a great school, small classes and the instructors are great. If you need help, I highly recommend visiting the learning center. You can get help in almost every subject. I am going to be attending St. Joseph's in two weeks for their BSN program. I was on the wait list at SMMC for Fall of 2014 but did not want to wait. Good luck to you!
- Aug 13, '12 by Liddle NoodnikCongrats, you guys! I am a nurse from Maine, if you have questions about the site, Maine, or nursing, I will see what I can do! It is nice remembering what it was like to start school! Hope all goes well!
- Aug 13, '12 by critical thinkerGraduated from SMCC in '09, great program, the work is tough, get together with some study partners help each other, and you will find in the end it was so worth it, Good Luck
- Aug 15, '12 by beachmom77Where do you work in ME? Where did you go to school? I am on my second time around for school, as I already have my BA in Psychology, and got my CNA cert last year. I thought I would have a year to use it! I know it will be tough, but compaired to my 1st degree...will it be so much more difficult?
- Sep 14, '12 by jessdixie81Lucky! I was also on the wait list for SMCC fall 2013, when i got called to go early, it was for spring of 2013. I live 5 miles from YCCC, so in order to not wait a year and a half extra, I am willing to commute. Also very exited! I have been a CNA since 2003, worked in various nursing homes across the state, but what I really want when RN is to work at a nearby hospital. I expect to meet wonderful people during clinical hours and make connections to get work after graduation. Good luck to you!