SMCC online pre-reqsRegister Today!
- by ellamia Feb 17, '10Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone has taken any online classes at Southern Maine Community College? I am going to be taking A&P, Chemistry and Micro. and am hoping for some input. Did you like the class(es)? Were the computer labs educational? Etc.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=457019©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,610 Views
- Feb 21, '10 by bell47I'll be finding out about the online classes this week at Univ. Coll. at Rockland. I'll let you know what I fing out. Do these online classes at smcc include a lab? Is the lab online or do you have to go to a class once or twice a week? Thanks.
- Feb 21, '10 by seaspray700777Hi there: I took A&P I online at SMCC and I thought it was great. I am very good about being organized and did pretty good with an A on Lab and a B in lecture. Just make sure you keep up with the dates that things are due. The only thing that was a little hairy for me was the tests. The were timed with 60 minutes to do all the questions. Like 1 min a question. I do not like really timed tests, I get nervous. I do not know if you can take A&P II online? If it were an option for me I would not have taken it because of the one on one I recieved in class. Just my experience. Good luck. I did take A&P II at SMCC. I would highly recommend Sara Darhower. I think I spelled that right. She is great, hard but fair.
- Feb 21, '10 by seaspray700777Hi there again, I forgot to say Micro. I took Micro with Professor in South Portland. He is also very hard but a Great teacher. Micro was hard but I loved it. I would not advise taking it online. There were alot of hands on in this class. Just my 2cents.Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Feb 21, '10 : Reason: please do not post names of instructors as per terms of service
- Feb 21, '10 by ellamiaThank you both for your replies : ) I am nervous about taking any of these classes online, but I would have to travel for them otherwise. I guess I'll see how it goes. Thank again!!
- Mar 7, '11 by salgal24Ellamia when were you you planing on taking ap 1 I am trying to take it for this summer or coming fall online at SMCC