CMMC Maine Current students or hopefuls? - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 16, '11 by BrittneyLynnOops..this was meant for an earlier message, but posted here. Oh well.. anyone who is attending CMMC feel free to message me or find me on FB. I have lots of questions and any and all advice is welcome! So nervous awaiting the final decision on accepted or rejected...find out in October! Fingers crossed and praying daily!!
- Aug 21, '11 by Gibbies_GirlI just found this! I'm starting this Fall, also! Very excited and totally nervous!!! I have almost all of my books (been slowly gathering them since they sent out the updated list). Picked up my uniform on Friday; made it feel that much more real! I have all the Gen Eds completed except Pharm & Micro (I'll be another one taking those next summer). I warned my husband that once school starts he will be on his own for many things, LOL. I'm really glad that I took Dosage Calcuations at SMCC (since it was a prereq to apply to their program). After looking through the math book it is the same stuff. I was accepted to SMCC's program, but I would have had to wait until Fall 2013 to begin the nursing courses! Thankfully CMMC accepted me.
I'm a Bridgton person. I read that they do the simulcast lectures in Bridgton, but I cannot find any additional information on it. Who do you think would be the best to talk to about that? I'm not working and my husband is military, so we really cannot afford high fuel bills (it is an hour for me to get to the main campus).
- Aug 21, '11 by BrittneyLynnCongrats on getting accepted in to CMMC's program! I am a current student at SMCC also and applied for the spring RN evening program at CMMC. I will find out in October if I am accepted or not. I have almost all my pre-reqs done. I am taking A&P1, Dosage and Calculations, plus an elective class this semester at SMCC, so I will only have A&P2, Micro, and Pharmacology left when I begin the program. I live in West Paris, so if you do find out about the simulcast in Bridgton please let me know, as this would be much closer for me to attend then Lewiston as well! Did you take CMMC's Kaplan nurse entrance exam? I am trying to figure out my chances on getting in to the program. I know they base it on your kaplan score, GPA, and essay. I have a very good GPA, feel my essay was well written, etc, but am wondering if my score on the Kaplan was high enough? I hate I have to wait until October to get the decision! I am so nervous and excited to begin my nursing courses! I have three small children,currently work two jobs (per diem), and know that once I do begin classes I will also be leaving a lot for my husband to handle!! lol Feel free to look me up on facebook (Brittney Brown-Morin). I would love to hear how everyone is liking the program, their thoughts, concerns and fears, etc! I want to be prepared for it all!
- Aug 22, '11 by JLChasteenHi! I am supposed to be going to the Farmington spot to get my ITV classes, but I am going to drive to campus instead. I live in the waterville area, so really its about 45 minutes no matter which one I go to. There are obvious advantages to going to campus.. first of all there are places to study, more students to meet with, all of the teachers are there and you can ask questions in person.. I just think it just makes more sense to drive to the school if it is at all possible for you. There are just more resources on campus!
- Aug 24, '11 by katefinHI there Brittney I didn't take the Kaplan Test yet because the dean advices me first
to apply in World Education Services to evaluate my transcripts because I got a
Nursing Degree in The Philippines I'm still waiting for the results though the Dean and the
Registrar checked my transcripts they said if my Education is valid in US they just gonna give me
a One year to take the course so I can take the NCLEX and the course will be on Fall 2012..
maybe If my transcript is fine I'm gonna start completing all the requirements for admission..
Hopefully I can complete the application till January,,
Good luck to us!!!hopefully we can get in,,
- Aug 24, '11 by BrittneyLynnWell good luck to you and I hope they will accept your credits!! I work a friend at the nursing home who is a registered nurse and she came from the Philipines. However, she got her license here in the states.