Who organizes your care plan meetings?Register Today!
- by RNS5 Jan 11Hello! We're in the process of deciding who will be responsible for organizing our care plan meetings (i.e., scheduling the meeting and notifying families/POA so they can attend). Who is responsible for this in your facility? Thank you for your input!
- Jan 12 by savoytruffleIn my last position, I organized the schedule. I was the MDS director and IDT team leader. I would set the list of who needed what type of meeting and social work sent letters notifying the family of the date and time. We had a set day and hour every week (A-wing every Wed at one) and meetings were blocked in accordingly. We did the MDS data quickly before calling in the family. Where I work now as a nurse manager, it seems disjointed. Social work still schedules family meeting and the MDSC schedules the required care plan meeting based on assessments, but they aren't done together. Last week I met with the MDSC, social work and therapy for an initial assessment. Later the same day, we met again with the family to discuss rehab plans and discharge dates. Not very efficient.
- Jan 13 by LTCRN4LIFEQuote from RNS5Social ServicesHello! We're in the process of deciding who will be responsible for organizing our care plan meetings (i.e., scheduling the meeting and notifying families/POA so they can attend). Who is responsible for this in your facility? Thank you for your input!
- Jan 13 by RNS5Thank you for the replies, savoytruffle and LTCRN4LIFE!
- Jan 16 by LTCRN4LIFEAnytime!!
- Jan 19 by NurseGuyBriAs above, our MDS coordinator is the head of care plans. I come in once in a while and offer 2 cents. The Unit Managers coordinate the family meetings. By the way, make sure if you are a LTC RN, HUG YOUR MDS COORDINATOR. Mine is **awesome**. I couldn't be a DON without her and they get overlooked way too often...