Not sureRegister Today!
- by emilysmom,RN Jun 29, '12I accepted a job as assistant director of resident services at a personal care home in Pennsylvania. It is not a SNF. Question is, would this be considered a ADON? I do have to go to a class and pass a test for administration.
- Jul 3, '12 by michelle126I'm from PA too and only have LTC experience. Every place calls things different. I guess in a way it might be similar to an ADON postion...look at the job description and ask them. What is the person above you called?
Just curious..what type of test to they give?
- Jul 3, '12 by CapeCodMermaidI, too,am curious about the test for administration. Is it administration of meds?
- Jul 3, '12 by emilysmom,RNThe test is from an agency for administrators that the ALF is sending me to. Apparently I need to take a 100 hour class and take a test. Then have a certificate for administration.
- Jul 7, '12 by sls73Quote from emilysmom,RNI am from PA and it appears they are having you taking a Assisted Living Administrator exam- basically you would be able to practice as an Administrator in Assisted Living.The test is from an agency for administrators that the ALF is sending me to. Apparently I need to take a 100 hour class and take a test. Then have a certificate for administration.
- Jul 7, '12 by sls73Sorry answering your question- I would probably say Yes. Since this is an Assistant Director of Resident Services I would compare it to a ADON. I hope the position is everything your looking for- Personal Care and Assisted Living are getting to be the long term care facilities of years ago- need caring people who want to make a difference. : ) Good luck!