New DONRegister Today!
- by doitallnurse Feb 21, '11I am a new DON at a Long-term care facility. Wow, what a job it is! I have trouble with appropriate information getting passed on in report, especially over a weekend. I'm wondering if any of you have had similar issues and what you have done to resolve them. I'm looking at revising my report sheets and was wondering if anyone could send me a copy of what you use.
- Feb 21, '11 by CapeCodMermaidIf you send me an email or fax #, I'd be glad to share my form with you. You probably should send a private message so your email and fax number isn't posted all over the place!
- Feb 22, '11 by doitallnurseI appreciate your response. However am unable to send a PM at this time because I am new to the site and have not posted 15+ comments. I will get back to you when I am able to PM.
- Feb 22, '11 by Tina**RNPlease email me a copy.
- Feb 23, '11 by michelle126We have a report sheet that comes in a spiral note book. There are spaces to write the residents name and a brief description of what you are reporting. There also is a check off space to check what it concerning..wt loss, skin, fall etc. No one uses the check off part to the form.
As someone whe only works pt and prn, I love the 24hr report book. It should be a places that I can go and get updated on what is going on in addition to verbal report. Its not always that way tho.
In the past we have posted a cheat sheet indicating what needs to be on report. A lot of time it is just a time issue and nurses are saying that they don't have time to write it and will give the info in verbal report. As you know...this doesn't always happen and things get lost from day to day.
- Aug 19, '11 by PammyRN,CENDo you have a 24 Hour report sheet that a supervisor could use to track changes for the building? Need things such as I&A, skin, deaths, IV's, weight loss, abnormal labs, bruises, unknown origins, state reportables, ....etc... if anyone has anything to share I would appreciate it.
- Sep 6, '11 by itthybitthythpiderQuote from CapeCodMermaidI think I am under the same rule, but as soon as I can send you a PM, can I get the report form, too. Thanks!If you send me an email or fax #, I'd be glad to share my form with you. You probably should send a private message so your email and fax number isn't posted all over the place!
- Sep 7, '11 by FabyHi : In the facility were I worked we use to have report books in each unit, but in addition the Supervisor would record any relevant matter related to the general facility situation in another report book for the subsequent Supervisors.That would be,broken systems, a residents that should be specially checked for something, etc. That worked well, she would check each report book to make sure it was complete at the end of the shift
- Sep 11, '11 by pixie120The big S has a wonderful system of the24 hour alert big, big books, which we bring to stand up every morning and review.