Temple College LVN to RN 2014Register Today!
- by summerblessing Mar 31Hey all!!! Just wondering if there were any other LVN's in Central Tx that will be applying to next years ADN program at TC? Or if anyone bridged recently that can give me some advice?
I am finishing up my last prereq this summer, and I am already soooooo nervous about applying! A few of my co-workers had applied this year and didn't get accepted. That makes me nervous! One has been an LVN for 17 years! I've only been one 5, so my anxiety level is through the roof!
I have a really good GPA, so I really hope I get accepted, but as far as I know, they only accept 35 bridgers.
Anyway, I just figured I could reach out and find others out there in the same boat as me, that way we can go through this together!
- Mar 31 by Jus3Hello, I am not in the LVN program, but was going to apply to Temples ADN program. Unfortunately, I am not much help answering your q's. But, I was wondering how the LVN program was there? Did you like it, do you recommend it?
- Mar 31 by summerblessingI graduated back in 2008, but I have no complaints! I loved all the teachers and I thought the program was awesome. Its fast paced and hard, but if you study alot, its do-able!
Good luck to you!!! I've heard nothing but good things about the ADN program, so I'm sure you will love it.
- Jun 28 by mysstoreyI plan on apply as soon as the application period opens. I am interested in hearing other responses to this as well.
- Oct 4 by lovetobeanursesummerblessing- I know you are applying to the RN program. But I wanted to know if you could give me some more insight on the LVN program. I am currently looking to apply for the LVN program this fall. Was it hard to get it? What was the schedule and hours like? I'll be in Killeen so its a 30 min drive :/ but I hear that TC is better than CTC. BTW I have all my pre-reqs for the RN program finished too. I have already done A&P 1&2, Micro, English 1301, both psychology classes, speech, english for tech&business writing and some other ones...
- Oct 15 by summerblessingI graduated in 2008, so its been awhile. My sister graduated this year from the LVN program. She said everything was pretty much the same as when I went. A few different teachers, same material. While I was in school, there were 3 people from my class from Austin that made the commute everyday. They said it was well worth it. I have not heard many people compare it to CTC, so I wouldnt be able to give you any insight there.
I am not gonna lie, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I felt like I abandoned my family and there were tests just about every other day. It really does require a lot of studying. They pack so much into that one year, that its very fast paced. There were times I didn't think I would make it, but I am truly glad I stuck to it. I love my job so much. I am glad I did my LVN first, because all of the experience has helped me soooo much. I had no medical experience prior to going into LVN school, other than working the front desk at S&W. So, this has been a blessing. My friend went straight thru RN school and she said she couldnt believe how fast paced the LVN stuff was.
If you have the time, and the ability to go thru RN school, do it! I, unfortunatly couldnt cause I had a 1 yr old at the time, and we were struggling to make it. I knew I wouldn't be able to go 2 years without money. Plus, coming from NO experience, I wanted a lil under my belt before I took on the responsibilities of being an RN. I loved LVN school, and I am super glad I went You will love either program!
- Nov 6 by AngPartridge3I chose not to go straight into the ADN program since I have small kids and need to bring my gpa to one I can live with, but I did just apply for the LVN program at TC yesterday and when kids are a bit older, I hope to bridge as well!! But good luck, sorry I wasnt much for advice, but I have heard they emphasize the GPA. So just keep that up- do well in your pre reqs and Im sure you will be fine
- Dec 3 by summerblessingGood luck to you as well! I did the LVN program first in 2008. I am soooo glad I did! I have learned SO much. I also had a small childat the time, and didnt have the means to go straight through.
My fingers are crossed for you to get in! If you and I do get in, I can help you if u ever need help! Ill be upstairs, you will be downstairs