Shepherd University in Los Angeles? - page 2
by droop | 58,599 Views | 73 Comments
Ok so i just graduated and got my LVN license. I am looking to jump right into a bridge program so i can get my RN. A person i met told me about a program in Los Angeles that her daughter attends. The schools name is Shepherd... Read More
- 0Jun 29, '10 by 2629jjangI believe I have more information better than you guys. Cause I visited and called several times.
Shepherd University RN Program they just approved last month, May.
I know there were several brn meetings on May 18~19. You can check out the dates on brn website.
I will see the counselor soon so bring more info here.
- 0Jul 30, '10 by 2629jjangI do. I decided to enroll LVN to RN program at Shepherd. I visited this morning to submit the completed admission packet and they said now only 13 seats available for LVN to RN program and so far no waiting list. I got 24 transfer credits and I feel like I am so lucky to get into LVN to RN there without waiting list.
- 0Jul 30, '10 by luckystudentnurseRNQuote from 2629jjangI do. I decided to enroll LVN to RN program at Shepherd. I visited this morning to submit the completed admission packet and they said now only 13 seats available for LVN to RN program and so far no waiting list. I got 24 transfer credits and I feel like I am so lucky to get into LVN to RN there without waiting list.
What all did you need to apply? How long did it take and how much?
- 0Aug 2, '10 by 2629jjangHey, Shepherd University is on the list of approved rn program list. I enrolled the LVN to RN program last Friday and this school is nearby LA downtown. I heard only 13 seats available for lvn to rn, so far no waiting list.
I have been waiting for a community college for 2 years so it was so good to hear that there is no waiting list....
For me 24 transfer credits are accepted.... now I have one more year to go for a rn...
- 0Aug 16, '10 by droopi have been in and out turning in everything i have to apply for the august class. the bad thing about shepherd is that they do not have their title 4 until next february and cannot provide any type of student loan until may. I already did all my pre req's needed for most colleges but they only accept up to 7 i believe. Therfore i have to take a couple at shepherd. My quoted price was a little over 44,000 and require you to pay in full to gaurantee ur seat in the program for the year. There is a bank they refer you to for a private loan but you will probably pay 8k - 10k more in interest in the end...
- 0Aug 18, '10 by tothepointeLVNJust as a reality check do you really feel comfortable going to a university that the only other degrees it offers are in music and theology. Kinda of random. Also consider that other nursing school that was shut down this month for not being accredited and sending its students to clinicals in the Phillipines.
The economy is not great right now so I'm not seeing the value of having to pay $40k out of pocket with no loans or grants to get an RN degree if there are no jobs right now. Stick to trying to get into a regular school.