I am an LVN currently in a transition to RN program. I am working on my care plan for my postpartum patient. It was a vaginal delivery with no complications. She has literally no medical history. No tears or episiotomy during delivery. VS's have been stable. I mean her case is pretty much unremarkable. I am looking for 6 nursing diagnoses for her. I'm also looking for the "related to" on these. I have the following:
1. Risk for infection (I need a related to on this one)
2. Risk for Pain (need a related to on this one also)
3. Risk for altered parent-infant attachment
5. Deficient Knowledge
6. Breast-feeding, effective
If ya'll have anything better, diagnosis wise, I would love your input. As well as your input on my related to's for what I have. Thank you guys so much!
I'm an OB nurse and I'd be happy to help.
1. Did she have an epidural? Sometimes when a woman has an epidural they are given a Foley catheter or if she was straight cathed there's risk for infection. Also mec fluid but I'm sure that would have been mentioned.
2. Pain could be cramping from the body's natural release of oxytocin to contract the uterus. Patient might even have some perineal swelling even if there wasn't an episiotomy or laceration.
Hope this helps!