Lamar State College LVN to RN - Page 25Register Today!
- Nov 18, '12 by relanoArle58,
Congradulations! I had to drop 2514 this summer and restart in August, just finished! whew! Ok I am ready for 2535. I always read the question and think, I read that or I know that but never really thought of using maslow's conciously. ABC's just comes naturally but now they teach CAB in PALS and ACLS so it gets a little confusing. I used Saunders as a VN for NCLEX and found it helpful. I keep reading about getting patches and uniforms. I plan to do my clinicals through my current job did they have you purchase these? In this class did you find the text helpful? I know I had a better start on the 2nd round of 2514. I also found the more NCLEX questions I answered the better.
- Nov 18, '12 by relanoRead more about it on the BON website. FAQ's about the Nursing Licensure Compact. It appears if you are moving permanently you will need to be licensed there. You can test here but will have to meet requirements for that state. I would check and see what ther requirements are for Kansas.
- Nov 18, '12 by 1busymaniamHello,
I took my Patho at Paris Jr College. It was not that hard but I've had years for the A and P, Micro to sink in plus 19 years as a Lvn.
Good luck............ Russell Roach
- Nov 26, '12 by nmfdHey everyone. I graduated from Lamar State College in May 2012. They paid for us to take the Kaplan Course, and if you passed all exams on the Kaplan course and passed the NCLEX on the first try they would refund you the money you paid for registering to take the NCLEX. I took the Kaplan course, and passed all exams in the course and passed the NCLEX on the first try with only 76 questions, then I contacted Lamar State College and could never get a hold of anyone so that they can refund me my money as they promised. I decided not to pursue it since I was just too exited that I passed the NCLEX and had the KAPLAN course for free. About the Hesi, I passed both exams. While I was a student I studied for the Hesi using the Saunders NCLEX question book. For the NCLEX, I only studied answering questions in the KAPLAN course, I didn't actually take the course because I was lazy. I only answered the questions in the Kaplan Tests, as that was the main requirement from the school. Personally the NCLEX is alot harder than the Hesi. I thought all exams were very hard, however for me the NCLEX was the hardest. The Kaplan course states that the first 10 question of the NCLEX are the most important and you should try to get those correct because they increase your chances of passing the NCLEX. To my surprise all my first 10 questions were "SELECT ALL THAT APPLY" I was really bad at those. I never expected half of my exam to be "select all that apply". I was so upset when the exam shut off at 76 question I was sure I failed, I left there crying. To my surprise I passed, I was surprised because that was the hardest exam I have ever taken. I had heard the Hesi was a lot harder than the NCLEX, I don't believe this is true. If you do pass the Hesi, continue to study a lot for the NCLEX. My advise to you is while you are a student practice all types of questions, you don't know what type of exam you will have. I heard some students only had 2 select all that apply questions. As for me, half of my test was select all that apply. Overall I think Lamar State College is a good program. I learned so much there. It is an accredited school. You can get your RN license from graduating from that school and passing the NCLEX. Most importantly you can get a real job, after becoming an RN. I just got hired as an RN II at Memorial Hermann. For those of you who fail the HESI, don't give up continue to try harder, but if you can't pass the HESI, most likely you will not pass the NCLEX.
- Nov 28, '12 by bozmanI AM TAKING NUTRIENT RIGHT NOW, IT IS THE ONLY PREREQ I DID NOT HAVE, I PLAN ON STARTING IN JANUARY. I WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL, WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE ME. i SAW YOU MENTIONED THE HESI? i HAVE TAKEN THE HESI ALREADY AT 3 DIFFERENT SCHOOLS. DO I HAVE TO TAKE IT AGAIN TO GET IN TO LAMAR? HOW DO THEIR EXAMS WORK? HOW MANY QUESTIONS ARE THERE? ARE THERE PEPOPLE YOU CAN CALL TO ASK QUESTIONS? DO YOU GET ANY HELP FROM ANYONE? HOW MANY HOURS OR CLINICAL'S DO YOU HAVE TO DO? MY EMAIL IS email@example.com i would love t hear from you . Congrat on your achievement. I am sure you will make a great nurse.
- Nov 28, '12 by bozmanhi my name is JESSE, HOW HAS IT BEEN SO FAR? i'M HOPING TO BE IN , IN JANUARY. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT I CAN DO TO BE SUCCESSFUL!
- Dec 28, '12 by jsplemonsI am currently in the program set to graduate in August 2013. I thoroughly enjoy the program and I have learned a lot already. I was looking up some information for a friend of mine on their website and it stated that all future class dates past the January 7th start date have been put on hold and only students currently enrolled can finish the program at this time. Does anyone know why this is?
- Dec 29, '12 by 1busymaniamjsplemons,
I am firstname.lastname@example.org. I commented on this on my cohort discussion board and nobody is responding. None of the locals have posted a newspaper clipping or email alert or internal memo from Lamar. I started Sept 17 and yes we get to finish. I suspect the college has to hold until our pass rate improves on the Nclex or maybe risk losing the program for a couple of years. Angelo State has not accepted applications for over a year now in their bridge program and it was related to the pass rate. Maybe there will be an announcement when we resume January classes?
Good luck......... Russell Roach
- Dec 29, '12 by jsplemonsThat's what I was thinking. I looked on the BON site and it says they have full with warning. I hate to assume but that's what in guessing. Another local college had the same stipulations and it was due to their board pass rate. From what I've seen there hast been too many having difficulty passing the board through this school so i dont know. I know that I have already learned a lot. I am currently in rnsg 2514( I think that's it) I am glad they are letting us finish I just hope that a lot of us if not all pass boards so more people can take advantage of this program. Maybe we will hear something when we start back on the 7th. Russell what class are you in?
- Dec 31, '12 by 1busymaniamjsplemons,
Good morning. I am about a final away from passing Rnsg 1300, Health Assessment. I didn't know of Lamar so I was prepping for Angelo State. A wasted year studing for those NLN tests. But in that year I did make an A in Patho which Lamar accepted. So I only had the one class this semester and I am thankful for that. I too would like to see the program survive and possibly that is on our shoulders? Hopefully the January cohort is not the last? Hopefully that has not been predetermined as no one is really visible with this. I have a co-worker ready to borrow my books later in 2013. I did order the Virtual book and should be here by the weekend. I will try to get a head start on that one. Can you tell me what exercises to do in Virtual? What are the first chapters to study?
email@example.com Russell Roach