Lamar State College LVN to RN - page 14
by halexander4 112,036 Views | 342 Comments
Any one in this program? I am looking it to it as it is the cheapest option I have found... Seems a lot like excelsior with the exception on clinicals (how do they do them?)????... Read More
- 0Aug 8, '12 by Tx GrandmawI am in the Lamarpa LVN-RN program. To say it is hard is a understatement! I dropped out of RNSG 2514 out of complete terror. The amount of information you had to go thru before a test was frighting. My question now is do I continue? I can study for 2514 since I now know what to expect but what about 2535. Does anyone know what it is like? Is there someone who would talk to me about these classes? I do not know if my thinking process is off for this class. I got the book test for success for beginning nursing. This helped me a lot on RNSG 1423. If anyone is ahead of me in this program would you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for reading this. When I can decide what I am going to do I will be better able to discuss what I have gone thru. My advise to anyone wanting to take this program to call 1-866-896-9243. If you are just starting in the program be prepared to spend more than they say and find someone that can help you along the way. I should have checked with this site a long time ago. I have felt so isolated. Good luck and God bless.
- 0Aug 8, '12 by katana600I just finished 2535, and I started clinicals this week. Yes it is a lot of work, but honestly to me it is still better than going sitting in classroom and having to work around school hours. Not to mention when you are in a traditional program clinical is every semester. These clinicals are isolated to just 10 weeks. You will have to change the way think when answering questions. I did struggle for awhile until I started reading the question to it's fullest and reading it carefully. I do think it very possible to complete the program I am almost there. You do have to put in the time and work on your assignments and don't wait till the last minute. It does help if someone else is also doing the program at the same time for studying purposes. Go for it.
- 0Aug 9, '12 by 1busymaniamI start Lamar St. on 9/17. Good news is that my hospital has approved 3 1000$ schlorships for me. Thats only half the cost of the program and it is really arranged as tuition re-imbursement but I am truly thankful. Concerned about the time management for the next 15 months but I do have much computer time while at my job and a half. Good luck all...
- 0Quote from 1busymaniamThat is great! What class do you start with? Do you start with a computer class? Is your family ready to help with house hold duties to allow you to study? Money is one thing you need but being able to have the time to do what is required is very important. Good luckI start Lamar St. on 9/17. Good news is that my hospital has approved 3 1000$ schlorships for me. Thats only half the cost of the program and it is really arranged as tuition re-imbursement but I am truly thankful. Concerned about the time management for the next 15 months but I do have much computer time while at my job and a half. Good luck all...
- 0Quote from 1busymaniamGreat idea to start studying now. This program can be overwhelming. Good luck and God Bless.Hello all. Chatted with Lamar State this AM. They tell me I am accepted to Sept bridge program. I said can't be so, I've never applied. They assure me I applied in October. Well I did send some records in October and updated some transcripts recently. I never did send my work history or two other pages of info. Really didn't want to go until January but I guess I better get my act together soon. Supposed to get my acceptance letter mid to late August. Guess I better start renting books tonight? They did accept my Pathophysiology class so that will lighten my load. Guess I'll try to syllabus' online. If I can't find I'll be asking for help. I like start early when possible!
- 0Aug 10, '12 by 1busymaniamI start with the computer class. Need to look at renting the books this weekend. I have been told that Lamar will accept my Pathophysiology, transfer credit. Hope that part was accurate? I have jobs such that I can study some at work so I can still be quite domesticated at home.