I just took the Teas TestRegister Today!
- by Hubby's girl Sep 10, '09:typing Hi all. I just took the Teas test this morning. I was so sure that I'd find out whether my score was good enough to get into the school --today--but I was told they need to have a meeting to see what the minimum score is that they will accept. There were 4 of us. They will be having the test again 2 more times this month. I figured I could take it again in a couple of weeks if I needed to, but not now. Now I won't know if I'm okay until some time in October!
Advice? I would get the ATI study manual and also make sure I got the "on computer" practice test. I was able to buy these, and boy did it help, because the format you take the test in- is the same. It was no surprise how to do it. I ran out of time in the math section. For the last 8 - 10 questions, I just made quick guesses because I only had a minute left. I figured a wrong answer was better than not even trying. I felt sick ;I was so nervous durring the math section!!!!
Relieved that it's over!! Study percentages, fractions, anything to do with math!!
I hope I can report that my numbers are good...I know what they are-just not if the're good enough to get me into the school Good luck if you're taking it soon!!!:thnkg:
- Sep 10, '09 by DanLindbergCNAI take th teas November 7th. There was a huge wait to take it. Can you give me a couple hints to do well. I am nervous about the math. Was it hard?
- Sep 10, '09 by Mt8386Thanks for the heads up! I'm sure you did great!!! :-) I will be taking the TEAS exam 9/18/09.. what should I expect with the Science section? Thank you!
- Sep 10, '09 by Hubby's girlLet's see.... How do you figure the mass of an atom? Know how to form a new atom from the Periodic table of elements; I don't know. Allelles (spelling) were on mine. Questions about rock/plates. My first question was actually on clouds . I know the last time a patient asked me about clouds ; I didn't know it then either!:chuckle The math was horrific. I studied this the most. I knew how to multiply and add fractions, but drew a blank. I know how to figure percentages, but lost it!! I was very panicked seeing the clock tick away. I think there were 45 math questions. That's alot since I had no calculator. All of my scrap paper was used up. It was just awful Now I get to sit around and wait to find out if I should start all over again Can you tell I Love these smilies?:heartbeat
Good luck anyone who is taking it. I'll let ya'll know if I get in when I know!
- Sep 11, '09 by Mt8386Thank you Hubbys girl I appreciate all the help!! :spin: I keep hearing that there are questions in the science portion of the test on rocks and clouds... how odd... the study guides I've been using have not mentioned either topic!! yikes!! ... Well back to studying, thank you again, and I hope to hear good news about your test!!... I have to wait after I take my test to, to hear if I was accepted, a month!... and what a long month that will be!! This site is a-w-e-s-o-m-e! I love it! :heartbeat
- Sep 14, '09 by tothepointeLVNI haven't taken the teas get for my bridge program because I am not at the application state get but does anyone find it ironic that the test is called the TEAS(e) Such a cruel name for a test
- Sep 14, '09 by EverNurseRNi remember how stressed i was the day i took the TEAS...the deadline to take it was that day AND i woke up late! i had to sign a waiver bc i only had 80 minutes to take it bc the test cntr was closing
- Sep 16, '09 by Hubby's girldid you do okay???? I still don't know anything
- Sep 19, '09 by AvaryIt must be a big relief. My test is coming up in a few weeks. Is there a lot of spelling and vocabulary? The English part is what is making me the most nervous!