*Cypress College* LVN TO RN PROGRAM 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on *Cypress College* LVN TO RN PROGRAM 2012 in LPN to RN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hello nurses, nursing students, and future nursing students! Is anyone planning to apply to LVN...by dorkiexcici Feb 6, '12Hello nurses, nursing students, and future nursing students!
Is anyone planning to apply to LVN to RN bridge progam at Cypress college this year of 2012? The application starts in October. That is when you take your two proficiency tests in the FALL and take 1 skills test in the SPRING.
I'd love to hear any feedback from LVNs that are in the same boat as i am.
I asked one of my former high school classmates on facebook because she graduated from Cypress and went in as a LVN. But, I haven't talked to her in years and she hasn't replied back since 2010. Oh well =(
I thought I post a thread on this because there isn't much recent threads on cypress LVN to RN bridge program. =)
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=671049©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,029 Views
- Feb 6, '12 by dorkiexcicii should have looked carefully at every forum..there is lpn to rn nursing student.
Could someone move to the correct thread (LPN to RN Nursing Studen)? Thanks :redpinkhe
- Feb 8, '12 by CaliBoy760Hi!, New to the LB area (just started at the VA) and was looking at LBCC, didn't know Cypress had an bridge program but I'll definitely look in to it! Thanks for the info...
- Jun 28, '12 by TuyenPreNurse58I planned to apply this year but if the application is in. October I won't be done with my school until October ! Sigh! I'm wondering I'd it's easy to get into the bridge program after you take all the required tests and classes?
- Jul 9, '12 by dorkiexciciQuote from TuyenPreNurse58It's stressful because they are more requirements for LVNS compared to santa ana college, riverside, and san diego city colleges. but, it's worth it!I planned to apply this year but if the application is in. October I won't be done with my school until October ! Sigh! I'm wondering I'd it's easy to get into the bridge program after you take all the required tests and classes?
I still haven't seen Dennise.
- Jul 27, '12 by berrythisWelp, i was planning on applying until i found out that their bridge program is currently on hold. This is the case for a few other local CC as well.
- Jul 29, '12 by Mrs.FlowersTheNurseReally on hold?
I was reading that the CCs near me...
I.e. Palomar has a 6-8 semester wait for the program.
That's what their website said... Others are as space is available.... But from what I'm hearing space doesn't become available...
I wish we could just enroll and take classes like normal degrees...
- Jul 30, '12 by berrythisYea its horrible. I cant understand why its so difficult or expensive to attain this licensure.
- Aug 2, '12 by bmanLVNi did some research. right now im attending Los Angeles Harbor College in Carson/Wilmington. i am doing the 30 unit option LVN to RN California License. After i get my license i will attend University of Phoenix and do the RN to BSN. So far they have told me that tuition will only cost $23000.00 as long as i have my RN license. But i know for a fact that it will increase by the time i finish. There is also another school called the california school of nursing Near Downtown Los Angeles which my supervisor told me about. Its an ADN program. Clinicals are done across the strewt from the school Los Angeles USC Hospital. it is directly across the street from the school. Anyway, my point is do the LVN to RN 30 Unit option, get your license to work in california and if your working in an acute and your job will hire you with that license then your good. go back to school bridge your RN license to BSN or ADN which ever you prefer. saves you alot of money and your already working as an RN. There are plenty of online courses for RN to BSN especially at UP. and you wont have to pay a house downpayment to get degree.
- Aug 7, '12 by berrythisYea sounds good, I'm just not interested in the 30 unit option since i don't plan on staying in california when i'm done.