What do you love about nursing school?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What do you love about nursing school? in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I'm about to start an LPN program in February! I'm incredibly excited but nervous too. I've heard...by Futurenurse728 Oct 22, '12I'm about to start an LPN program in February! I'm incredibly excited but nervous too. I've heard alot of how difficult and time consuming nursing school can be but I'm really to hear what keeps you all motivated? What do you love about nursing school?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=793684©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 680 Views
- Oct 22, '12 by jaycee15I love how close you become to your classmates. They become family and everyone wants the best for everyone
- Oct 23, '12 by I♥ScrubsI agree with first poster. The first thing I love is the people. Of course you will have some people you don't like, but when it comes down to it, you are all going through the same thing. In my class we lift one another up and encourage one another when we are feeling down. We tutor people who need it and spend time with them. They become your family. This one girl in my class, graduated from the same college I previously had but a different year. We met on the first day and ever since we spend almost every single day together after school whether we are hanging out and studying, baking/cooking, shopping, or just texting one another. I work in a Pharmacy and yesterday she came in to drop off a prescription and they all thought she was my roomie because we are always together. I spend more time with her than I do my husband. These people become your family. Use them as a resource, it really helps.
The second thing I love is being knowledgeable. I post a "nursing fact of the day" on facebook every day and everyone loves them. (Nothing that violates HIPPA) just a quick fact like how many cells we shed in an hour, or something interesting about the chapter we are on that day. Also I tell my parents and husband everything I learn. When we did the old age packet for growth and development, I related everything to my Grandpa and when I told my Mom she was like "Wow! That all makes sense with him and the things that he does!" So those are my two reasons I love school.
- Oct 23, '12 by missy0910I would say the fact that I have been dreaming of studying to become a nurse for quite some time. However life happens and sometimes we may just have to wait for the right time in our lives to pursue our goals. I love the fact that I am in school and on my journey with my fellow students. We are all aspiring to be nurses and taking the steps to attain our goals!! Good luck to all....
- Oct 24, '12 by 2013nursingstudentGaining all the useful knowledge is my favorite part. I get so excited when I learn how something works and how to take care of a problem. It makes me feel so empowered and that is what motivates me when I get overwhelmed.
- Oct 25, '12 by jaycee15I also love the conversation I can have with my grandma because she's a lpn. Everyday after clinical I call her up and tell her what I did"
- Oct 26, '12 by DivaLaJuicyI love the fact that Ive made some new friends who I could really see myself talking to after graduation, I love the fact that I have something to do everyday (I didn't work all summer and was bored), but most of all, I love gaining knowledge and learning new things for my career.
- Nov 1, '12 by GiGi100I love the fact that nursing school will not last forever. I also love the fact that I have met some really down to earth classmates who make me laugh and help keep me motivated.
- Nov 1, '12 by JuryizoutRight now, I love the fact that I have only 30 days until it's over.....