what did you do before that you miss now?Register Today!
- by countrygirl0905 Jan 23So my classes start on Monday the 28th for my year long LPN program and I am already nervous.. Blah!! So my question is what things do you miss that you no longer have time for? For example I know once classes start and taking care of my household (which includes 2 kids, a dog, a cat, and my boyfriend) I won't have time for quilting and will miss it. Or do you still schedule in time to do your favorite activities?
- Jan 23 by pookypI miss watching my tv shows. My DVR is FULL.
- Jan 23 by Glenna, LPNSometimes between all the stress you need to take some time out for yourself and do what makes your soul happy. If you don't do that every now and than between it all you will go crazy. For me, I would miss sitting on the couch watching tv. I missed some of my relax time. So every now and than I would study on the couch with the tv on the background. It was nice.
- Jan 23 by DivaLaJuicyI don't miss anything because I always take me time. I refuse to burn myself out and or overwork my brain.
- Jan 23 by bsm23Hi countrygirl just wanna if the entrance exam form lpn is hard coz I'm planning to take lpn program this aug or September
- Jan 23 by LadyFree28During nursing school, I missed painting...I didn't realize how therapeutic it was for me, until I started a home care case and one of our (yes I said our ) daily activities was painting...that was during my coursework for my BSN I realized that I had put down a favorite hobby for almost five years!! The last time I painted was when I was in LPN school...my program really supported self-care...I would paint the night before an exam to decrease my test anxiety.
But what I REALLY missed was reading fiction...you don't get to read something pleasurable when you are going to school...you have to get "lost" in the nursing process, care plans and how to put a NG tube in... When I finished school in May, I treated myself a bought a lot of fictional books, even the classics...and I treated myself during the holidays as well. Nothing, for me, is better than getting lost in a mystery in late 70s Italy, or early 1900 China, or Modern Day New York or Victorian England...
Whatever you do make sure you continue your quilting...even if you create a quilt during nursing school and complete it by the time you pass your boards . Make sure you take time during your studies to prevent burnout...now off to Amazon.com to book browse...
- Jan 24 by PrinceOnyemaEmedomI need help, advise or tutor to help me pass TEAS to continue with my nursing school. The TEAS V English Comprehension is overwhelming to me and I could not finish answering the questions before it locks out on me.
- Jan 24 by countrygirl0905Quote from PrinceOnyemaEmedomI wish I had something to suggest for you. I am attending a private college that only requires a passing score of 50% in each section and my advisor had me take the test the same day I went in to get the application for the program. Have you tried googling TEAS practice test? Sorry I know not much help :-(I need help, advise or tutor to help me pass TEAS to continue with my nursing school. The TEAS V English Comprehension is overwhelming to me and I could not finish answering the questions before it locks out on me.
- Jan 24 by MTmomofsixI am about six weeks into the LPN program and I would say spending time with my kids - I have six and I know they miss me which makes it hard to walk out the door at night (my program is 4-10 pm Mon-Thr). I know I am doing what's best for their future, but I missing seeing them.
I also miss reading. I love to read and by the time I get home and get in bed to read I am exhausted.
- Jan 24 by pnkgirl25I miss my friends : ( but they all have good jobs... nows my turn. I can play later