So stressed..Register Today!
- by tperri24 Sep 10, '12Im in my first week of my LPN school. It is an 11 month program, so it is fast moving. Basically, a normal day is: take notes on chapter 1, go home, outline chapter 2 for the following day while also studying for the chapter 1 test that is the next day. there are 2 subjects a day. Basically, you are studying for 2 different subjects every night while outlining the following chapters. Im not sure if I worded that correctly, but I hope you understand. I knew going into this that it would be a lot of work, I just didnt imagine the stress level. Im basically teaching myself everything. 3 hours of lecture is not enough to be tested the following day. People have gotten through it, so I know its possible, it's just very stressful.
I know this is what I want to do, Im just hoping that I am actually able to do it. If you fail 2 exams, you are kicked out of the program. I understand why, it's just scary to think about, when youhave 2 tests a day. Im up all hours of the night studying, and it's still hard for me to understand. Im to the point where I even feel guilty eating dinner with my family because I need to study. But all the hours of studying Im doing, isnt even paying off, because I still barely understand.
Im just venting and Im sorry this got to be so long. I hope there is someone out there that has felt this way that can help get me through it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=783323©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,364 Views
- Sep 10, '12 by mr cooperI'm going into a 12 month BSN program and this sounds hellish. I'm expecting it to be hard of course, but I didn't know tests could easily be a daily thing. I guess I'll have to seriously brush up on being totally and completely focused for this year.
- Sep 10, '12 by SushiJoeI do understand what you are talking about. I'm about to start my second week, and I study an average of 6 hours a night. Personally, I think outlining is the best. Try to break the chapters down into chunks so that it is easier to digest. I try to pull the main ideas out of the chapter and write them out in word, then during lecture the next day, I hand write additional info from the instructor on the outline. That way I end up with 3 pages to study from instead of 30. I find that it helps a lot
- Sep 10, '12 by SushiJoeQuote from mr cooperwhat in the world is a 12 month BSN program? That sounds like a nightmare. Please tell me that you already have your ADN-RN, otherwise 4 years of nursing school in 12 months sounds humanly impossibleI'm going into a 12 month BSN program and this sounds hellish. I'm expecting it to be hard of course, but I didn't know tests could easily be a daily thing. I guess I'll have to seriously brush up on being totally and completely focused for this year.
- Sep 10, '12 by JillyPlotSushiJoe- I'm starting an 11-month BSN program in April. It's a 2nd degree program so all pre-reqs and non-nursing courses (including sciences) are complete before you start. I've looked at a few 12-month programs as well and these are very intense, but if you have the drive and focus to finish in such a short time I think it will be totally worth the year of craziness!
- Sep 10, '12 by SarcasticLVNIt's doable it's just your personal life will be out on hold.. It's stressful at first but once you get your studying habits down it gets easier.
- Sep 10, '12 by JazziepantsMaybe you aren't studying the right way for you. I am visual and i am constantly putting post it notes all over the house and re writting my notes. I am in a 11 month program so i know exactly what you are going threw. Just take it one test at a time.
- Sep 10, '12 by imjustme123Hi, I too am stressed to the hilt. I am 3 weeks in. I had no idea it was going to be like this. It feels like the classes are going faster than I am. I am not sure if I am going to be able to do this. I got all A's in my prerequisites except one B+ and I am not doing too well so far.....I study all the time. I really don't understand why it has to be so fast like you should have known yesterday what they are going to teach you tomorrow. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
- Sep 11, '12 by mitzijanewow. first week and already stressed on chapter 1 and 2? oh man...you have your work CUT OUT for you, girl lol
wait until you get into med surge! anyway,Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Sep 12, '12 : Reason: site ToS
- Sep 11, '12 by imjustme123Passed my assessment today. 2nd try but it's done! Wow, I was so stressed. I'm glad that is over! Now, on to study for another exam!!