Passed the entrance exam!Register Today!
- by Iridescent Orchid Nov 14, '11I passed the entrance exam for my community college's LPN program! I'm also in the last month of my pre-reqs so I'm up for selection for Janaury-entry! I really, really hope to get a call after this semester is over stating I have been selected! Though, if I'm not, I'm just going to retake a couple of pre-reqs to boost my GPA a little more for the following semester! I'm so glad I am done with the entrance exam...that was enough stress in itself!
- Nov 14, '11 by Iridescent OrchidThanks girl! I'm so glad it's over with! I had to take the PSB-PN and make a 230+ on it in order to be eligible for selection!
Anatomy is going great! I'm pretty confident in the exam we just took last week! I only have to survive two more test grades and a final exam then I'm done with pre-reqs! How is everything going with you?! Message me sometime! Hope all is great!
- Nov 16, '11 by virgo,student nurseCongrats
- Nov 17, '11 by Glenna, LPNI think that is one of the best feelings ever. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to get in!
- May 15, '12 by Mrsladysoul83Quote from Iridescent OrchidI took the psb pn last yr n dec, hw did you study for that? How did you answer those questions where they asked your opinion (vocational adjustment index) i didnt do too good in that area. ThanksI passed the entrance exam for my community college's LPN program! I'm also in the last month of my pre-reqs so I'm up for selection for Janaury-entry! I really, really hope to get a call after this semester is over stating I have been selected! Though, if I'm not, I'm just going to retake a couple of pre-reqs to boost my GPA a little more for the following semester! I'm so glad I am done with the entrance exam...that was enough stress in itself!
- May 15, '12 by Iridescent OrchidThat's one thing I didn't do. Study. I didn't really know how to study for it and I couldn't find a way to study or prepare for it without getting overwhelmed, so I just didn't study or refresh my memory for it at all. I feel I was stressing myself out more trying to prep for it.
For the VAI, I just answered honest for the most part, but of course, we all are a bit dishonest on that portion as well, as to the fact we may put strongly agree to something, when we may just agree to it...and I think there is a balance on that part of the exam to where they have it set to grade on a sense of honesty, rather than someone strongly agreeing or strongly disagreeing. I took it three times and did better on that portion each time...and that was with changing some of my strongly agrees to simple agrees and changing some of my strongly disagrees to simply disagree.
- May 15, '12 by Mrsladysoul83Ok, thanks! I see you are a mgtc lpn student, thats where im attending as well just taking comp 1000(B @ gmc but aimin 4 A this time) & med term(just to brush on on my terms) this semester. I hv a 3.37 gpa but i want it higher so i can have a better chance of getting in the Lpn prog but i hv to tackle this psb giant 1st if nt im gonna apply 2 south ga tech's(cordele campus) prog they just wnt u 2 have @ least 25% in each section nt a set score. How was 1st semester? Hw many test a wk did you all hv? Hw was pharm & cal? Sorry for the many ?s anyway, Good luck summer semester
- May 15, '12 by Iridescent OrchidNo problem! I love talking about all these things and it's nice to meet someone else going to MGTC! Good luck with boosting your GPA. I think there were two or three first semester that got in with GPAs around 3.1, so boosting it is only going to help you out!
The PSB is not the huge monster that everyone makes it out to be. I think it's the whole competition aspect of it and the thoughts of how bad you want to get into the program, so it just brings on the nerves and intensifies them. Just go in there and relax...take a few deep breaths and leave the sections that will be easier for you for last! Knock out the ones that you have difficulty with first. Remember I had to take it three times before I got over 230. You will be just fine! I will be crossing my fingers for you.
First semester was the best time I've had in a very long time! It was scary and it was a lot of information, but it was great and I just tried to take it all in and enjoy everything I could. Mrs. Sartain is a great instructor. In Fundamentals we had about 8 tests and then a final. Some of the tests were 15% and others were 40% of your grade. The tests in Fundamentals were every 2 or 3 weeks for the most part. There were a few that were each week, but it was not bad at all! Just study and always pay attention in lecture.
Drug Cal was a breeze for the most part...and I am someone that truly sucks at math all around. I came out with an 86 in the course. Just read and learn the formulas. Utilize the quizzes at the end of every chapter.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! Thank you so much and I will be wishing you luck as well!