New Here, just applied for school!Register Today!
This is a discussion on New Here, just applied for school! in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer. I applied to Medgar Evans for the LPN certificate. I am doing...by jens4nchez Jan 24Hi everyone!
My name is Jennifer. I applied to Medgar Evans for the LPN certificate. I am doing LPN because I want to see if this is for me. I dont want to do 4 years to find out that this is not going to work. So I want to do LPN, work for a bit. Then go back to an LPN to RN program.
Ive always toyed with the idea of being a nurse but Ive always put it off for one reason or another. Then I got pregnant and then I got obsessed! I did a lot of research into gestation, labor, and delivery, so much so that my doctors never had to break down the technical terms for me, lol. Now, well I lost my job again and am on unemployment so I'm thinking that this may be the best time to start school. Unemployment will keep paying
while im in school and my boyfriend may be getting a new job tomorrow
Ideally long term Id like to become a midwife. Ill probably go through doula training while I'm in school (with an RN friend of mine) and join her new business.
Any way what I want to know is am I making a good choice with Medgar Evans College, because I would have to wait until July or September to start and probably need to take some prerequisites classes. But I dont want to go to a private school that offers the certificate and then not to be able to translate/transfer that into RN.
Im rambling. Tell me: thoughts, comments, questions.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=810835©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 445 Views
- Contact the RN school you think you'd apply to and inquire if they will accept your LPN school courses for credit. Mine did not so I ha to take all gen Ed classes again. I'm 3 classes away from RN currently. Doing it on my own online (Excelsior college, NY)
- Sorry I had a typo in my response.
Quote from JrowContact the RN school you think you'd apply to and inquire if they will accept your LPN school courses for credit. Mine did not so I had to take all gen Ed classes again. I'm 3 classes away from RN currently. Doing it on my own online (Excelsior college, NY)
Sorry, my fingers were going too fast for my phone to keep up.
- Jan 25 by jens4nchezIt will probably be the same school or one of its sister schools so I know that I won't have a problem with that
- Jan 25 by jens4nchezMedgar Evans or city tech. They are both part of CUNY
- Jan 25 by jujubeeeJust wanna say good for you for pursuing it. Good luck to you!!
- Jan 27 by starnurse2b16I am in the same situation as you. I too have wanted be a nurse . But always put it off for manyreason. One I had my baby and watch the nurse who helped deliver my baby. I become interested in becoming a nurse. Long stories short I have decided too purse a career in nursing.