NCTC 2012 online lvn program - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 2, '11 by NaturallyGirlyHi!
I have completed the initial application to NCTC. I am having a hard time finding specific prerequisite requirements for the LVN (online) and the LVN campus program.
Which prereq's are required before I am able to apply for admission for the August 2012 start?
I assume that A&P I&II would be a good place to start, but do they require Comp, Alegebra, and Psychology as well; or can I test out of them?
BTW, congrats to all of you who have gained acceptance already!!!!!
- Nov 2, '11 by msshun1973From my understanding there are no prereqs for the program. You can take A&P before or during the program. Every one says taking it before hand makes the program easier plus you will have Fridays off.
- Nov 2, '11 by NaturallyGirlyMSSHUN1973
Thank you for responding. So is it true that you can be accepted into the program with a high HESI test score only?
If this is true, it is much easier to be accepted at NCTC than other schools and that's even better for me! LOL
- Nov 3, '11 by msshun1973You are correct, all you need is a high score. At one time the class size was 12-15 but now they have increased it from 20-25. The study book really helps. You want to score at least a 95 overall, I know people have gotten in with a lower score though.
- Nov 3, '11 by NaturallyGirlyOkay, thank you so much. I have the HESI Study Guide. I spoke with the LVN Coordinator and she said the same thing. Since the next class starts in August 2012, I will have plenty of time to study and take A&P. Can you think of any other steps that I should take prior to being accepted?
For instance, how long is the physical, and drug test good for? Should I take them early? I really want to complete as much as possible prior to being accepted. This way I can have all my ducks in a row, and perhaps eliminate extra stress!
- Nov 3, '11 by msshun1973Ok, so you are applying for the traditional LVN program, disregard the class size comment. Traditional accepts way more students. The A&P class is good to take & if your planning on pursuing your R.N. afterwards I would go ahead & start on some of those prerequisites. Your a CNA so I know you have your CPR & First aid. I didn't have to take a drug test but I thought that was a requirement. Make sure all of your vaccinations are up to date (you will need a copy) especially the new meningitis requirement. Make sure you have all of your transcripts for high school & any colleges that you have attended. Apply to NCTC as early as possible next year so you'll have that out of the way & will only have to worry about getting accepted into the nursing program. Get at least 3 professional references that you will use. I believe that is it until you get accepted. Once accepted you do your physical, TB test, background check & have your references completed.
- Nov 3, '11 by NaturallyGirlyThank you so much! You are soooo helpful. I was wondering how you knew that I used to be a CNA... duh! I have been certified for nine years, but I am currently working in the business office of an Assisted Living Facility. I will have to renew my CPR & First Aid certificates.
Again, you were so helpful to me. Good luck with your studies!
- Nov 4, '11 by msshun1973Lol, you are welcome, I know how hard it is to find a program & then actually get accepted in to one. Thank you, I know I will need lots of prayer come January.
- Nov 9, '11 by krabitsHi guys, i was accepted as well. i will see you tomorrow at the orientation
- Nov 9, '11 by msshun1973Congrats, see you in the morning.