Math on LVN placement testRegister Today!
- by la mama 310 Mar 20, '09I'm taking my LVN entrance test next week. Does anyone know how the math was on the test. Does it go up
to Algebra or is it Pre-Algebra. Someone told me it was 9th grade which I guess is Algebra. But someone said
it is elementry math.? Thanks!
- Mar 20, '09 by StephanieeeI took an entrance exam today for an LPN program. They claim you needed to be on a "12th grade level" with your math score; it's been awhile since I've taken algebra or pre-algebra so I don't know where it would fall but it was alot of percentages, fractions, decimals. I scored a 93 on the math and I've always been HORRIBLE at it!
- Mar 20, '09 by TheCommuterI took the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) for entrance into an LVN program back in 2004. The exam's math portion had fractions, decimals, percentages, and other basic skills.
I took the NET test for entrance into an LPN-to-RN program last summer. It's math portion was comprised of fractions, decimals (lots of them), percentages, and a handful of elementary algebra problems.
- Mar 20, '09 by la mama 310COOL THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. I'm Doing my RN pre -reqs and applying to to
LVN program just in case I get in. because the RN's here in SO CAL have waiting
lists. I think LVN/RN admit is not as long. (but still need pre reqs)
- Mar 23, '09 by MsDev007are you talking about the COMPASS test?
I'm getting ready to take the compass test on thursday and i was wondering the same thing......i'm nervous that i wont pass it...:chuckle
- Mar 23, '09 by la mama 310i don't know the name of it. My friend is taking it tomorrow I'll post back . So far I heard it is decimals, fractions, geometry, pre-algebra ... I've been going
to Math.com to do practice test and get ready for mine which is next week
- Mar 23, '09 by ~KelRN~I took the COMPASS test for math and reading to get into the LPN program, and I was allowed to use a calculator. That made it easier.
- Mar 25, '09 by RCH85Incase it is the tabe test, here is a link that has practice tests for it. Thats what I used to help prepare for mine. I also looked up videos on youtube, to help refresh how to do some of the simple math I haven't done it a while. Good Luck!!!!