Male lpn student roll call..."this thread is for you!"
- 1Aug 24, '12 by shudvaHello ladies and gentlemen, I wanted to make a thread only for our men. We know we women dominate the nursing field and I just want to show appreciation for our men. We kneed them in our field and I want to acknowledge that they are out there and are on allnurses. I have seen a few chime in every know and then on threads, but fellas this thread is for you. Fell free to give your state and anticipated graduation date, or prior graduation date and if you found any difficulty on deciding on going into your program. Remember "this thread is for you!"
- 1Aug 27, '12 by SushiJoeHi. I'm in eastern PA and should be graduating summer of 2013. Years ago I thought of going into nursing, but got discouraged by hearing all the horror stories of wait lists and steep competition, so I went into IT instead. Last year I almost died in a car accident, so I completely reevaluated my life and decided that I really want to be a nurse to help others in times of pain, illness, and suffering. I took the plunge and am never looking back.
- 0Aug 27, '12 by shudvaHi there SushiJoe, I'm glad that you are fine after your accident. Sometimes our life triumphs as well as tragedies help us to make decisions for our future. I know about the wait list stories or as some schools state "we have no wait list". Ok, so technically they have no wait list, but you have to apply three years in a row to get in because they only take 40 to 50 students per cohort. This is the reason I went for lpn. I wish you much success throughout your nursing career.
- 1Aug 28, '12 by mattschonste15hi im in my second week of school right now. i just got out of the army. i was in for nine years and have always wanted to be a nurse and i decided it was time. i love school and i plan on continuing after this for my masters. i graduate next november and i cant wait to start helping again.
- 0Aug 29, '12 by shudvaQuote from mattschonste15Hello there mattschonste15. Two weeks down already, cool. So have you been doing as most threads about the first couple of weeks state?...reading, reading and more reading. (I start 9-4 and they already have us reading). I'm glad that you decided to join this thread and best wishes in your nursing program.hi im in my second week of school right now. i just got out of the army. i was in for nine years and have always wanted to be a nurse and i decided it was time. i love school and i plan on continuing after this for my masters. i graduate next november and i cant wait to start helping again.