LPN student needing to vent about familyRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LPN student needing to vent about family in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... ......its last semester...i am going out of my mind. dishes are dirty, laundry is...by Nursing N 2004 May 18, '04......its last semester...i am going out of my mind. dishes are dirty, laundry is behind..........kids driving me nuts, fiance wanna punch him....will these feelings ever go away???? i feel like i am going off the deep end.....how do i end this? lol tell me it will go away please tell me..its always "mommy this" and mommy that or chelle this or chelle that just as i am studing for a test over 4 chapters...ugh help me vent! pleasssssssssssssseeeeeeee :angryfire
....lpn student going nuts.....
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=67146©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,388 Views
- May 18, '04 by Truly_Blessedooooh man, I don't know what to tell you. I have yet to go through it. But I will be one of the lucky ones starting in August. You say it's your last semster...so hold on, it's almost over You probably need to get out the house this weekend. WITHOUT your fiance and kids. Do something for yourself that will have you refreshed and ready to dive back in. I don't know...I feel for you.
- May 18, '04 by txspadequeenRNi know exactly what you are talking about. i have 5 children 2 teens and 3 toddlers and one dumb *** husband. i am fixin to start the lvn to rn bridge and all day long it's "mommy mommy" or "hun wheres my shoes" it just never stops. if my toddlers are not dancing on the table they are emptying out my cabinets. i have one who runs out the front door every chance she gets and one who loves to open my upright freezer and dump all the contents. this is from 8 am to 11 pm ( they are not on the same sleep schedual). and we do not have a babysitter plus i work 44 hours a week as a lvn and my husband is a full time engineering student. i have a house that should be shut down by the health dept( i do clean it about 3 times a day) . just have a good cry everyday and drink when needed that is the only way i have gotten this far.
Quote from nursing n 2004......its last semester...i am going out of my mind. dishes are dirty, laundry is behind..........kids driving me nuts, fiance wanna punch him....will these feelings ever go away???? i feel like i am going off the deep end.....how do i end this? lol tell me it will go away please tell me..its always "mommy this" and mommy that or chelle this or chelle that just as i am studing for a test over 4 chapters...ugh help me vent! pleasssssssssssssseeeeeeee :angryfire
....lpn student going nuts.....
- May 18, '04 by reynaprioritize first rule in nursing
- May 19, '04 by JayonowayMy best advice: learn to say "no". Explain to the ones who comprehend that you're really busy...and that they need to help YOU. Too often we Mom's put ourselves last. I had to learn that when I went thru school. My three girls were ages 8, 11 & 14 and hubby was deployed overseas. Usually I was the taximom, maidmom, chefmom, entertainmemom ect. ...I sat them all down, stated the facts and stuck to it. I made up a schedule, everyone pitched in. My 8 y/0 learned to load the dishwasher, take out the trash, start a load of laundry, make her own bed ect...and the two older two really took on alot more responsibilities. For their activities, practices, games ect...I begged & borrowed for rides. I just explained that I was in nursing school and needed help. Helping is one of the foremost characteristics of human nature. Usually once you ask, people are more than willing to help. Once I finished school I returned the favors! Don't be afraid to ask, let your honey know you are fed up and need help, NOW.
Best of luck!
- May 21, '04 by kiyasmomI haven't started yet, but I am already frustrated. My husband is out of work, and my kids are in daycare all day... so it should be easy, right? No! The house will stay a mess if I don't clean it, we will starve if I don't cook, the kids will get infections if I don't give them their baths, my husband will be dirty if I don't do the laundry, my kids will be too late for breakfast at daycare if I don't wake them up: get them dressed: get the diaper bag packed, and my 6 month old son will wake up his sisters if I don't get up at 4 AM to give him a sip of milk. I tell my DH, "Look, I start school soon, and I really am going to need you to do more around the house." He says, "Sure hon, of course!" But he can't even help now, when I'm around to pitch in and do teamwork! :angryfire
Lord, please tell me I can do this. Please don't let this be the precursor to a life of immobilizing stress and premature gray hair!
- May 21, '04 by MereSanityI am in for it starting this fall too. Just starting (LPN). 4 boys ages 5-9. Hubby is great but it will be hard (duh). Good luck to everyone and stay in touch as I am sure we will need to vent very soon.
- May 22, '04 by Energizer BunnyI hear ya'll. If it's like this for me every day now..how is it going to be in the fall? OIY! it's like they can't survive without me for two minutes! I found my first few grey hairs this week!
- May 22, '04 by lisamc1RNI totally understand! I have 4 kids and a husband who need to get used to this whole thing. It's going to take some adjusting!
- May 30, '04 by marimar12WOW! You sound like me 2mths ago. Hang in there, you have one semester to go, then you can revel in your great accomplishment. Yes, it does get better.