Looking to go to LVN school, does it matter which school you go to?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Looking to go to LVN school, does it matter which school you go to? in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I'm currently in the process of getting my CNA just waiting for the exam. Once I get settled into a...by April_Showers Jun 4, '12I'm currently in the process of getting my CNA just waiting for the exam. Once I get settled into a job I want to start school for my LVN. I always see the 1 year programs that they show on TV. When I go to look for a job will it matter where I got my license from? If it does, I currently live in San Antonio, TX where would be a good option for me?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=718852©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 600 Views
- Jun 6, '12 by kylee_adnsI don't think that it matters a whole lot where you get your LVN from. I would try to go with a state run community college program vs a private (more expensive) program. I am not familiar with particular schools in San Antonio, but in my area the state CC is better respected that the high $$$ for profit private place.
- Jun 7, '12 by HouTxI agree with PP & would recommend the CC route. The end result is the same... you are eligible to take NCLEX, but you get more return on your investment from a CC. Not only is it less expensive, but many of the courses will be transferable if you decide to continue your nursing education. This is NOT true for 'clock hour' programs that the majority at commercial (for-profit) schools. St. Philip's College LVN program is very well-regarded. I believe they have transition agreements with RN programs at both SAC & UTHSC-SA which makes transferring credits much easier.
- Jun 18, '12 by gcriadoWell, that's where I am trying to get in,(SPC) but when do we find out if we r accepted??? Does anyone know????
- Jun 18, '12 by gcriadoI applied in April...This is where I started. http://www.alamo.edu/spc/nursing/It did not let me do a private message...sorry
- Jul 1, '12 by gcriadoI haven't heard anything yet...they said first week of July...we'll see...