Kaplan, Unitek Sacramento; Blake Austin (CSI) VacavilleRegister Today!
- by Ba464 Mar 28, '11Anyone going to Kaplan Sacramento this May???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=544655©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,419 Views
- Mar 29, '11 by ssaluluI just started the process and will be taking the HESI next week. Are you already accepted?
- Mar 29, '11 by Ba464they are still doing Hesi exams? i hate my so called "interview" like last week, after the interview i'm not so sure if i like it. she only asked me two questions and said it was ok that i don't have medical experience.
she said i would know around the middle of april.
have you looked into other school?
- Mar 29, '11 by ssaluluI have applied to community colleges, but I never make it in the lottery and the wait lists are too long. The admissions rep told me that next week is the last to take the HESI. How was the interview exactly. They only asked about two questions? Why aren't you sure that you like it?
- Mar 29, '11 by Ba464My college GPA is terrible right now and I haven't even tried to apply to community colleges, i wish i could it is sooooo much more cheaper. I will be taking a test for blake austin college this friday, they are like 6,000 more dollars but i have heard more positive reviews from previews students.
she started the interview with, "i'm gonna ask you two questions, the first is, do you have any medical experience and its ok if you don't. and the second is why kaplan?" i answered both then she asked if i had questions, and after asking 568635 questions i felt like i interviewed her. she was really nice and is suppose to be making improvements to the program but everyone there hyped up the program saying it was very competitive and selective in who they admit, so i just feel like the interview should have been more.
- Apr 2, '11 by GraduateVNI wouldn't worry about it being competitive or selective. I was in the second class and they let anyone in. There were people who didn't even pass the hesi. There were people failing throughout the program, people constantly late or absent, and still allowed to stay. When you're a good student it makes you feel like your accomplishments mean nothing
- Sep 19, '11 by ericamichelleHi Ba464,
How was the test at Blake Austin? I'm interested in taking their program as well. Do they have any prereqs for their program? Do you know if it's competitive to get in there as well?
- Sep 20, '11 by Ba464i actually skipped out on Blake Austin. they chick was rude and gave smart answers and it completely turned me away from the school. I also didn't like that on top of the $37,000 tuition there were other fees that added another $2,000. and as much as students pay id expect the place to be a bit nicer. the classrooms were old tables that weren't even level. sorry first impressions say a lot and that admissions chick should have left her problems at the door. I heard it was a good school but I've heard kaplan is good and its a bit cheaper, And everything but the test is included in the tuition. kaplan's pass rate is a bit lower than blake austin but the way i see it is that its all based on the student. =)
Blake austin is a bit competitive they go through an admissions process but so does kaplan. im not sure how strict blake austin is but if you are interested kaplan is basically score high on two tests and your in. i can't remember exactly the prereqs i'll look for my folder they gave me and let you know.
i wish carrington wasn't so expensive. i'd totally go there.
but i suggest kaplan OR Charles A jones (its about $10,000 less) but you need to be a CNA for CAJ.
- Sep 20, '11 by ericamichelleBlake Austin's tuition made me X them off my list as well. Did you attend Kaplan? How much is their tuition? CAJ is definitely my first choice but from what I heard, it is competitive so I have to some sort of back-up plan.
- Sep 20, '11 by Ba464I haven't attended Kaplan. I was hoping to start in November but unfortunately i won't have the financial paperwork done by then so hopefully I can start on the next start date. But Kaplan is 31,650 or something close to that, i don't remember the exact last three digits.
CAJ was my first choice but I did CNA clinicals at the same place CAJ has some of their LVN clinicals and honestly it disgusts me. But I've never been to a nursing home so i'm not sure if this place is up to par but from what i've seen the nurses you work with will have you do things you aren't suppose to (one nurse told me to give a patient his medications). I spend 75% of the time listening to all the CNA's and nurses complain about Mr. A and Mrs. B and how Mr. C took too long to put his shirt on and Mrs. D wanted to take a shower. Sorry if I am at a clinical site I actually want to do the job i'm suppose to be learning. Not watching someone else do it. I could watch that on tv. But thats just my opinion. I'm sure the school itself if great but if I go there I WILL BE MISERABLE at that nursing home. They don't really treat the residents as people and is sickens me. but sorry I kinda went off the topic a bit. there is Twin Rivers, have you heard of that one? it's wonderful from what i hear but its a 2 year program.