IM and ID injectionsRegister Today!
- by Supermom2012 Nov 13, '12What volume would you use a TB syringe for a IM injection. I know you would have to change the needle to an IM needle... I just need a baseline to go off of for test out. Going above 0.5 ml will make it easier to contaminate. Just need some suggestions.
Let's say you use a TB syringe and change the needle to a 23g 1 1/2 in needle, you would put the needle on before you draw up the medication...right?
- 725 Views
- Nov 13, '12 by eklecticsolid is nrver longer than 0.1 and yes, change the needle first!!!!
- Dec 4, '12 by Supermom2012Ok- I can't believe I even asked this question!! Test outs make smart nursing students turn into dummies! LOL!
- Dec 4, '12 by Compassion_xI'm curious as to why you would use a TB syringe?
Anyways, I agree, test outs make smart ones into dumb ones sometimes! I just had one today lol.
- Dec 5, '12 by student foreverWe all over-think stuff everyday, making the plain complex and the simple hard.