How old do i have to be to start lpn school?Register Today!
- by ZS1234 Oct 19, '12Sorry do not know if im posting in the wrong section, I am 16 and am about to get my ged so i can apply for an lpn program and start my career. How old do I have to be? Some people say atleast 17 by clinicals but other websites dont have much information. Thank you
- 2,032 Views
- Oct 19, '12 by meanmaryjeanThe real question is "How old do I have to be to take the NCLEX exam and become and LPN?"
Your state board of nursing has rules in place as to minimum age requirements to get a license. NO ONE is going to hire a 17 year old LPN. So take your time, work on your pre-requisites at the community college and do not apply until you meet the age requirements.
Good luck to you - I started out as an LPN, and tomorrow morning am graduating with my master's in nursing.
- Well because I know its possible. Eventually I want to become a nurse anesthetist, I just feel like i could save time by starting school now. Also I would really like to help my family out, were doing pretty bad.
- Oct 19, '12 by loriangel14I would recommend you finish high school and then work on the prerequisites. There is nothing to be gained by trying to skip ahead. You are still very young and rushing things will not be to your benefit and as the ohter poster pointed out you will have to wait to be old enough for licensing and getting hired as well.Don't be in such a rush.
- I wont be graduating until 19, so i think it'll take more of my time finishing highschool. Idk what to do, I mean someone has done it before, so idk why i cant. Maybe if i start sooner i can become an rn by 18, because I'd have no other responibilities besides the school.
- Oct 19, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014Quote from ZS1234If you're 16 now, haven't finished high school (do you have high school algebra, biology, and chemistry? my school requires those), haven't done any pre-reqs or applied to nursing school, there is no way you would be an RN at 18. Have you thought about getting your CNA certificate so you can begin working your way through school?I wont be graduating until 19, so i think it'll take more of my time finishing highschool. Idk what to do, I mean someone has done it before, so idk why i cant. Maybe if i start sooner i can become an rn by 18, because I'd have no other responibilities besides the school.
- Oct 19, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014
- I thought about it, but I dont see the point if no one would hire me anyways. And I have done alegebra 1 and 2, and biology. And its 2 years, So i could probably finnish by 19 then. I have a lot of cousins that are Rns