How long do you go to clinicals? - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 27, '12 by SNmurseQuote from loraramiOurs wereI have been rather surprised that the time spent in clinicals at my local LPN school is only 6 weeks toward the end of the 15 month program. Is this about right? I thought there would be much more hands on patient care.
Geriatric - 6x6h
Med/Surg 1 - 2x12h, 2x6h
Med/Surg 2 - 2x12h, 2x6h
ER - 2x12h, 2x6h
ICU - 2x12h, 2x6h
Surgery - 2x12h, 2x6h
Surgical - 2x12h, 2x6h
Mental Health - 4x6h
OB - 2x12h, 2x6h
Public health - 4x6h
Home Health - 4x6h
Team Leading - 6x6h
Can't remember the rest of my clinicals, sadly... It really depends on how long your clinicals are (hour wise) and what days of the week you go.
For us, we did ours with Tuesdays and Wednesdays for 2 weeks in each clinical until towards the end and then it went to Tues/Wed/Thurs for 2 weeks until clinicals were done
ETA: We started our clinicals in January and they finished in July
- Aug 27, '12 by HeiseCThat sounds crazy! I start class tomorrow. In week 5 we go to clinicals. My college has it for 4 consecutive semisters. Graduation date? One year from now
- Aug 27, '12 by JazziepantsWe are august to june. We started clinical our first week. Once a week for 4 hrs. Then next quarter starting october we are twice a week for 8 hrs.
- Aug 29, '12 by shudvaQuote from loraramiI have been rather surprised that the time spent in clinicals at my local LPN school is only 6 weeks toward the end of the 15 month program. Is this about right? I thought there would be much more hands on patient care.
I start Sept. 4, my program is 12 months and we start clinicals the second week of school, twice a week. My first round is from 7am-2:30pm. I was surprised that we went so soon after starting.
- Aug 29, '12 by KikikinsMy 10 month LPN program starts clinicals week 5 1x a week then bumps up to 2x a week for 8+hrs each day.