Okay here it is, I am mailing off my application for Nursing school
soon. If I am accepted or rejected I will know by Mid-April. And the program starts in June, and lasts until Aug. 2006. Now the program only has 60 spots and is very competitive! Lots of people are applying this year, so I am worried, if I don't get in I need a back up plan. And right now I don't know what to do. So here are my options:
1) I get into my first choice, and that is where I go, and be done by Aug 2006
2) I go into another community college's program (which I may not get in to), and wait until Jan 2006 to start, I'll be done in Dec.2006
3) Go to a Voc tech (automatic acceptance into the program, as long as you pass the TABE and have a high school diploma) (starting in june), for 18 months, and be done by Feb or April 2007 (it is really cheap about $400 total for full-time per semester including books and materials but sometimes they add on an extra $5, and I may be able to transfer some of my classes over, I have to check on that 2morrow, but if so I should be done sooner)
4) Go to another "college", that is recognized by the BON, start the nursing component this Sept, and be done in Sept 2006 (automatic acceptance, as long as they get their money) (okay so what is up with this one, well they don't accept transfer credits from other schools
. So even if you took some pre-req's before, you have to go through their 5 month pre-req program, and take all of the pre-req's there. This school is basically a money pit. I know that but, they do produce good nurses. So do ya'll think I should try to get them to accept my credits or just go with the flow of how they do things? I still don't know how much their tuition is, they are so secretive!)
Help me please, if you have more than one option fo me please list them, in the order that you would go with. And before you make a decision please take the following things into consideration:
-I am 9 months pregnant with my first child
-If I go with the program, that I want to, I will not have to work for a while
-If I go with the second choice school, I will have to travel really far
-If I go to the voc tech or the other "college", I will have to go to school
M-F from 8am-3pm, which means I will have to work to pay for daycare, and I have no idea, what kind of job I can get that will allow me to be a great mother, and spend quality time with my son and fiance, be great in school (or atleast average grade wise), and not go out of my mind doing it. Plus having to go to school M-F 8am-3pm for like 12-18 months, and having to work, is basically like having two jobs, and then adding mommy to the tab, is really tuff.
*Note if I do have to work I will only work enough hours to send my baby to day care, and that is only $300 a month, but payrates are really sucky right now, down here.
Ohh and if I go with #3 the voc tech, they have an on campus day care that is $10 per day/ $50 a week for me. Which would make only $200 a month for me, but I would still have to have my baby is some other kind of day care when I work.
What should I do?????????
And even if you don't reply thanks for reading, it feels so good to be able to express myself and stop holding all of this in!!!...