Does anybody know if LPN students can work as nurse techs?Register Today!
- by Mrsladysoul83 Aug 9, '12Hi everyone!! Does anybody know if lpn students can work as nurse tech's? Or is that just for RN students? Thanks just curious.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=769355©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 448 Views
- Aug 9, '12 by KLBatchelorHey there! I am not too sure but your question may get a better answer in the LPN or Patient Care Technician forum! Good luck! I know I want to be a PCT a few hours a week after my first semester is done.
- Aug 9, '12 by LCinTrainingI don't even know what that is.
- Aug 9, '12 by JustBeachyNurseDepends on the facility, but often it is for nursing students working towards their RN. Especially in facilities that only hire RN's. Part of the issue is that some of the skills and theory taught/used are skills that are more on the RN scope of practice level than LPN scope of practice.
If the job description says "professional nursing student", it is restricted to students in an RN program as opposed to "practical nursing students".
- Aug 9, '12 by Mrsladysoul83Oh ok, Thanks JustBeachyNurse! A job post i saw read "a nursing student that has completed fundamentals" In my area some hospitals still hire lpn's thats why i was asking but thanks again