Did i make a bad move?Register Today!
- by good_bye_kitty Jan 3I received my LPN license in 2011...Jan 2013 I let it expire because I have never worked as a nurse and I am in an RN program where I am set to graduate in May of this year. Did I make the right move by letting it expire since I will have my RN license this yr? I just thought it would be a waste to spend $60 to renew something that I will no longer need.
- Jan 3 by AmyguayQuote from traumaRUsI know for my Lp to rn program you need to have it to enroll inroads the program but not sure after that , although when you go right into a 2 yr rn program at my community college you are Able to Sit for the lpn nclex after 1 year,..so maybe you do Need it..I'm sure all states and schools vary... anyways I'm new to this app so I am wondering how do I write my own post ?? Thanks!I would bet that in order to be in your LPN to RN program, you are required to keep a current LPN license - you might want to check with your admissions office.
- Jan 7 by good_bye_kittyI needed it only to enroll in the bridge class during the summer...now that its over, there are no requirements by the school to have it...I just thought that it would be a waste of money to renew when Im taking the NCLEX this summer...
- Jan 8 by MrChicagoRNThat $60 would insure your employability, if for some unforeseen circumstance you were unable to complete school or to become licensed as a RN.
- Jan 8 by metamorfiaWhy not work as an LPN and make a decent income while you finish up your RN? If I had that option that is what I'd do...but I guess you may already have a good income doing something else