Compact State Question

  1. I will be getting my LVN here in Texas by September. I want to move to California and get my ADN degree...but my question is...if I move back to Texas after my ADN...and apply for my Texas Licence...will I be i guess...qualified to go to the other compact states (27 of them) without applying for their licence or is it only if you get your actual first Licence in one of those states that you can go anywhere?
  2. Visit drgonzales87 profile page

    About drgonzales87

    Joined: Dec '09; Posts: 2


  3. by   TheCommuter
    Your home address needs to be situated in a state that participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact in order for you to have a valid compact license. Texas is one of the compact states.

    If you live in Texas and have a compact license issued by the TX BNE, you are allowed to work in any of the other compact states without applying for new licensure. However, if you establish permanent residence in another compact state, you'll need to apply for licensure in that state.