clinical care packageRegister Today!
- by pd4993 Dec 18, '12Hi,
I actually need some nursing insight about clinicals! I am making my girlfriend a care package for Christmas to survive clinicals, but I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas for little things you wish you had during this time. it's supposed to be a cute gift rather than something very expensive. i'm hoping to stay under 50
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=803118©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,178 Views
- I start nursing clinicals this week, so my recommendations are based on my CNA clinicals. Chapstick or lip gloss, a cute badge holder-the retractable kind, breath mints.
If her school requires that she wears her hair up, then she might need scrunchies or elastic head bands or plastic head bands.
If you can spend a little money, then perhaps a cute lunch sack, a nurse fanny pack or a nice, engraved stethoscope (ok, the stethoscope will cost a lot of money)
- Dec 18, '12 by CT Pixiesmall note pad, pens, gum/mints, maybe one of the clip boards that open up so you can put things in it (my clipboard was pretty thin but it was able to hold my paperwork for my careplans, my stethescope, pens and a pack of gum). Gift card to a local coffee place (D&D, starbucks etc)
- Quote from CT PixieYes! These items are also super helpful!!small note pad, pens...Gift card to a local coffee place (D&D, starbucks etc)
- Dec 18, '12 by spn2014Quote from vintagemotherWe were told that we couldn't have retractable name badges because patients would be inclined to pull them and snap you in the face. I agree with the pens and note pad. Maybe gift cards to fast food places that she could run to on her lunch or a cute bag she could hold everything in.Chapstick or lip gloss, a cute badge holder-the retractable kind, breath mints.
- Dec 18, '12 by mzrainydayzThe items I take to clinicals..........Littmann stehoscope, penlight, bandage scissors, black sharpie pens, tiny notepad, wrist watch with a second hand, ID bage holder, clipboard that opens to store paperwork, tiny calculator................Hand lotion, mints, chapstick/lipgloss, snacks, tylenol.
- Quote from lpn2014We were told we can't have the ones that hang around our necks because patients could choke us and they are weapons.
We were told that we couldn't have retractable name badges because patients would be inclined to pull them and snap you in the face.
HaHa! Rules, rules, rules. (-;
- Dec 19, '12 by pd4993thank you everyone! this has been very helpful
- Dec 19, '12 by DivaLaJuicyDefinitely get her some lip gloss every female needs one . I agree with everyone else, cute pens, cute small notebook, maybe a calendar book so that she is able to keep track of things (exams, quizzes, etc). Cute scrunchies to put her hair back, a small bottle of lotion for her to put on after she leaves clinicals from washing her hands, hand sanitizer from bath and body works, etc and put it in a cute lunch bag for her and also gift cards to Dunkin Donuts or places she could eat that is around her clinical sites awee this is too sweet good luck
- Dec 20, '12 by Twinkle007my equipement: pen, small notebook, lip balm, small hand lotion & sanitizer, and a gift card for fast food is perfect