Any Kennedy global school of nursing graduates
- 0Dec 25, '12 by NYOPIOld topics about kennedywas closed and I can't reply or send messages to the member.I'm a graduate of KGSN.Any new inputs for this school? New states that accepting this school?Anyone can tell me any foreign accreditation company that accepting Kennedy for the following states:TEXAS, CT, NEW YORK, FLORIDA, WEST VIRGINIA ,OREGON....ETCI Becky need this info . Thanks guyYou can also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2,144 Views
- 0Dec 25, '12 by JustBeachyNurseThe program is not accredited by any board of nursing as it is run through a different agency in the Philippines. In addition, LPN is not a recognized credential in the Phillipines therefore no local license can be issued. Many state boards of nursing (IL and CA are two) are requiring a local license in order to be eligible for license by examination. New Jersey will not accept PN program completed in a country where the LPN is not a recognized credential. Very few people have reported success in gaining a license in the US. It begs the question, how can one be trained in a discipline that is neither practiced nor recognized in that country?
As far as acceptance in various boards of nursing, you would need to contact the state board of nursing for clarification.
- 0Dec 25, '12 by JustBeachyNurseAlso, as per the policies and terms of service of this site, one is required to have 15 quality posts before having access to the private messaging system on allnurses.com. It is not recommended to post your private email address on this site as it is a highly indexed public website and you risk your email address being harvested by spam bots and other malware that surf the internet looking for email addresses.
best of luck in your educaitonal endeavors.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by Meagan13Hi NYOPI, I just enrolled on this school 2 months ago, now after reading your post in here, I don't know if I still continue with this, they told me I should have no problem applying for NCLEX pn since im a Dual citizen, Fil-am but I don't know now, please let me know if you have any luck getting accreditation, I tried calling CGFNS but could not get thru, please let us know, best of luck.
- 1Jan 3, '13 by steppybayKabayans, I would highly suggest that you actually talk to the school's advisers and ASK them "face-to-face":
-- Where do you actual previous graduated students who have successfully been able to get their ATT (in what State?).
-- You need to personally "connect or talk" to those previous graduated students via phone call or e-mail and verify that they are NOT part of the KSGN staffers or employees.
-- You can ASK for their RN license number as posted in the States, it's all public record and it can be checked globally with any computer for FREE.
-- If you do make a few contacts, make sure again you're dealing with real live nurses and working in the States. Call them if they are truly in the States, ASK for where they are working and see if they are actually an employee there.
The reason I posted here, is that a batchmate friend's sister has been unable to find ANY state to accept KGSN accreditation, at least in the States she wanted to practice in and she graduated in 2010. She's stuck with a worthless PH degree to apply into the States snd that's the sad result of her horrible experience with this place. A complete total waste of her time and money, but she was forewarned by many other PH students to not go there.
However, what States are you guys looking to work in? There might be just one state that will accept it, but not sure it will be approved thru the various evaluation agencies. Good luck!
- 0Jan 3, '13 by Meagan13Thanks steppybay, I'm in Florida, i also want to work there if I can get an accreditation, also have tried calling Bon today but still could not get thru, I'm really confused now as to continue or not, I will call them tomorrow, please let us know if you have some more info regarding this matter. Thanks again.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by NYOPIQuote from Meagan13Hey meagan im trying to find any foreign acreditation that will help me to take exam but no luck at allThanks steppybay, I'm in Florida, i also want to work there if I can get an accreditation, also have tried calling Bon today but still could not get thru, I'm really confused now as to continue or not, I will call them tomorrow, please let us know if you have some more info regarding this matter. Thanks again.
- 1Jan 4, '13 by steppybayGuys, again, you NEED to go into their offices, SIT there and DEMAND that they TELL you where exactly in what States had been accepting their accreditations!
Why ask the BON's themselves, they really don't know even if you ask 18 of them, because the courses have to be evaluated before they can even begin to tell you, their job starts once they receive the evaluation results.
Since you already know that most States if not 95% will not accept the courses.
You guys have to realize also that whatever States accepts the courses, then trying to endorse over to another State will be either be impossible or highly unlikely to happen.
There might be one or two States out of the 50, I really don't know, but is that the State you wish to begin your nursing career?
- 0Jan 4, '13 by Meagan13Hi NYOPI, did you try CGFNS? Maybe they will accept that, i called the school today, the said that we need a professional CES report from them, please keep us posted, best of luck
Hi NYOPI, I replied to your email add above, Thanks.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jan 4, '13